First Pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2018, 10:43 AM
I got my long awaited BFP last month (April 28th 2018) I am 6 weeks along tomorrow. Iím very excited, but have so many questions! Yesterday afternoon I had some brown/pink spotting for about an hour then it was gone until this morning when I started very light brown spotting. That seemed to last for about 20 min then was gone. (Both times it was only enough to notice when wiping once and not a lot on the tp) Is this normal? I donít have a midwife chosen yet and when I called the clinic the nurse said I could come in if I wanted, but Iím visiting friends and itís not my home clinic.
May 14th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Veteran
Some spotting is normal for some. Still take it easy, donít exercise rough or lift heavy stuff. And keep track of how and when you spot.
May 14th, 2018, 12:38 PM
I kept track and rested. I spotted lightly (brown mostly) on and off for 3 days. Then it completely disappeared. Thank you SO much for responding. I was freaking out a little bit there.
May 14th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Veteran
No problem, unless itís red most people make too big a deal out of it. My first pregnancy I had pink and brown and my midwife told me I was having a miscarriage and there was nothing I could do... talk about hysterical!! Needless to say baby was FINE. And now I take spotting a little less seriously. I have had miscarriages, and they are more like a period when it starts-cramping etc, so if itís unaccompanied light spotting itís usually nothing. Some ladies get that the entire pregnancy too I found out, gross but comforting!
May 15th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Light spotting is quite normal but an outright bleeding is alarming especially if it is accompanied by abdominal cramps.
Thank you for summarizing what I was trying to say!
May 16th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Thank you for responding ladies. The spotting stopped for a few days completely...then I caught the stomach flu and after being sick for a day it started again. Doctor said Iím one of those people whos cervix is extremely sensitive and dehydration will cause spotting but baby is just fine. I do need to drink more on a regular basis though. So long story short it was dehydration causing it the whole time.
May 18th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Veteran
Thanks for keeping us updated! Glad you figured out the cause and can avoid it now, Iíll try to remember that if someone asks me about it again
June 25th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Thanks for all of the responses ladies. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy at 10 weeks.
June 26th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiemomma4 View Post
Thanks for all of the responses ladies. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy at 10 weeks.
Very sorry to hear that, I hope you have an easy recovery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search