Bathtime question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alexander recently started hating his baths. He was loving them, then around the time he started getting big for his infant tub, he just started getting fussier and fussier. He now screams through them. I had to switch him to his bath seat, but he started screaming before I did that. I tried giving him a bath at different time and also I try playing with him (which I always did), but it seems he is inconsolable. He just hates it. I used to love to watch him play and splash and now bathtime breaks my heart. Any suggestions?

August 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM
minkymom2three's Avatar Member
That's too bad.

I'm not sure how old he is, but do you think that he is afraid? What about the kitchen sink? It is a smaller area. Maybe he feels intimidated in the tub? New toys? Maybe a mat in the bottom of the tub. It might feel too slippery for him.

Not sure if any of those help or not.

*~~21 Years~~*

</div>
August 21st, 2007, 07:44 AM
japartaka's Avatar Regular
Have you or your DH tried to take a bath with him? This worked for us when our kids started getting scared.

Jen
<div align="center"></div>
August 21st, 2007, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am in the same boat as you. My daughter started hating baths at 6 months. I have been getting in the tub with her and that makes things a little better. We bought her some bathtime crayons that you can draw on the tub and then it washes off. She stayed in there a lot longer and actually didn't want to get out. Try finding him some toys to keep his interest.

August 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't tried getting in there with him. Thanks I'll have to try that.

August 23rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your welcome! Sometimes it takes away the fear of being in a big tub of water. I also use a heater in the bathroom so she doesn't get cold. She is able to focus on having fun in the tub instead of worrying about being cold.

August 23rd, 2007, 07:04 PM
myboys3's Avatar Veteran
I went through the same thing with Callum! Ditto on getting in the tub, it worked for Callum.

Thanks Jacquie for wicked myboys3 siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search