Any DHs have problems after vasectomy?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 05:46 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I am due with #3 in September- I am soooo done I never wanted more than 3 kids, and pregnancy is not very kind to me unfortunately, so I'd rather not go through this again.

I've already decided I do not want a tubal, I've just heard too many horror stories about side effects after. I can't really use any birth control because I've tried everything and always have annoying side effects. And we HATE condoms. Okay correction, *I* hate condoms, DH doesn't mind but they hurt so I don't like them. Anyways, I want DH to get a vasectomy but I'm just hoping there won't be problems like there are with tubal ligation

DH is much less sensitive than I am in general, he's always telling me I'm imagining things!
April 4th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
My DH had a vasectomy in December. He did get an infection that he had to be on antibiotics for (he actually had to do 2 rounds of antibiotics, so one month total) but he is totally fine now

April 5th, 2011, 11:14 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a lurker but My DH just says that if he gets hurt "down there" it just hurts 5 times more then it did before he got one done. But his was good, no infections, no problems and was up and running within an hour after.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
April 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
ady's mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH had a vasectomy when Ady was 6 months old. He did not have any problems. He actually drove himself home from the doctor. He rested that evening, but was fine the next day. No problems at all!

http://adyandme.blogspot.com/
April 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks so much ladies! I told him he should get it done during "march madness" next year and then he can have some extra time off to watch basketball
April 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats a great idea lol DH got his done when I was still pregnant with my son. I prefered that since my kids are so close in age lol

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
April 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I WISH I felt comfortable letting him get it done now...it would make it so much easier for after the baby comes! But I just think if something were to happen you know...I hate thinking like that too but I do I just wouldn't be able to let him get it done until the baby is here!
April 14th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
... if the vasectomy ends up being a no go, have you considered a copper IUD, it's not hormonal - and was the only form of BC I could tolerate.. I loved it.. it was a toss up for me between getting a ligation & another IUD, but I ended up getting a tubal

April 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rodger has had intermittent pain on and off since having his last October. He also took longer than normal to have a clear sample. It took 4 months.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search