New here(: TTC

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Hello, my name is Annie. My fiance and I just got engaged, we've been together for 3years now and he finally said that he wanted to start TTC our first. I have been waiting for ages for this! Now is my time!♥
I have a 30day cycle. My last AF was May 11th, 2013. We BD on 13,14,15,17,18,20,21,23,24,25,26,27, and 31. I woke up this morning with this AF like cramping but AF isn't due until the 10th. This cramping went on for about 10 minutes and then went away. I'm not sure what it was, has anyone else had this problem? Do you think I could be pregnant? Any advice ladies?

~Thanks♥
June 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
Hi AnneMarie!! I'm Tonya 29 & DH is 31 we've been TTC for 9mnths. Welcome to this board!! We have a bunch of amazing, smart, & sweet ladies on here.

Well you def made sure to BD a lot which is great. When do you plan to test?
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
June 3rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Thank you very much♥

I was planning to test this friday, but I'm not sure if it is too soon or not? Should I wait until af is supposed to show?
June 3rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the boards! I'm Anna, 28 and DH is 31 and we've been TTC for a relatively short time now (two months of NTNP and two of TTC).

You'll meet lots of great, supportive people here! Looking forward to getting to know you more!
June 3rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Most of us test 5 days before AF is supposed to show but sometimes you can get a positive before then. Since your TTC you should look into buying HPT& OPKS in bulk online that's what a lot of us do.

June 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thank you so much Tonya and Anna, is there any good brands that I should look for for HPT&OPKS as well as the tests?

I am 21 and my fiance is 22.
June 3rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Nerd
The brand with the most "street cred" is First Response. A lot of women go to the First Response Early Response for their earliest testing. Some women prefer ICs (Internet cheapies). Brands like wandfo that can be purchased in bulk are an example of ICs. Some women prefer ICs because they can be purchased in combination with OPKs for very little money compared to the tests sold in stores. Good luck!
June 3rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
For bulk I buy Wondfo on Amazon. Sam is right the popular one is FirstbResponse

June 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Hi Annie, I'm Ari 22 and DH is 28...we conceived our first cycle but ended up being etopic so now we are waiting for medicine to take effect and then another 3 months before we start ttc again

I hope that is a good sign for you and you get your BFP soon!
Ditto what the other girls said...the ladies on this board are awesome!
June 4th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Annie, I'm Jen (26) one of the co-hosts for the board. Congratulations on your engagement

Its really difficult to give an answer to your question without knowing more about your cycles, what I would echo is that ladies can sometimes can get a BFP upto 5 days before AF is due, you just have to bear in mind that a negative early on can turn into a positive! It looks like you got your bases covered with lots of BDing either way

Oh I get my ICs off Amazon too, they're good for curbing any POAS urges you might get in the 2ww!

I look forward to getting to know you better but I do hope your stay here is short and sweet!

June 4th, 2013, 07:06 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there Annie! I am Elle

Congrats on your engagement!!! I agree with the other ladies - it is hard to say with out knowing more about your cycles but that could me implantation cramping (Seems like about the right time)

I use the internet cheapies (Wondfos from Amazon) and back that up with First Response (my favorite - the blue dyes are terrible in my opinion I would completely avoid those) and agree testing up to 5 days before AF is due.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

June 4th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Annie! Welcome to the board! I'm Shandy (26, DH 29) and we have been TTC for four cycles.

It sounds like you timed BDing pretty well so it's possible you could be pregnant but it is hard to make an inference on the information you provided. If this isn't your cycle, maybe you should think about charting? This is my first full month of doing it and I feel like I am learning a lot about my body! I also get my OPK's and HPT cheapies from Wondfo on Amazon. I like to wait on the First Response test until I am a couple of days past when AF was due.

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

June 4th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hi Annie..

M also new here, and at 1st cycle of ttc, my bf and i got pregnant.
Got my bfp this afternoon, stil can't bliv it...

My af where due on Sunday(2 June) and they didn't show, my body is lyk clock work so i knew something was up. Been cramping on n off all day for 5days now, feels like my periods are gonna start any moment wen i feel the cramps, but now m sho i won't be seeing dat witch till next year...

All the best to you and all the ladies out there... Major baby dust to all...

We are so excited...

Tags
pregant, trying for a baby, trying for first baby, trying to get pregnant, tryingfornumber1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search