Update on Softcup use.... for those who are wondering!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So a couple weeks back I had asked if any of you gals had tried softcups or a similar brand for the use of periods. (I know some people use them in hopes to catch the goods after sex! )

I bought a package at Wal-Mart that weekend, and of course I have been bleeding on and off randomly while on the pill, so I put one in that weekend just to try it out. Surprisingly comfortable. Its a bit of a task getting it back out....I'm still learning that part without making a huge mess. It is comfortable though, if inserted correctly you cant feel it at all. Which surprised me because the thing looks huge when you pull it out of the package. Not sure how THAT all fits up there! LOL

I've been wearing a panty liner just incase, which has been a good thing. Not that it leaks a lot for me, but mostly after I pee I notice some leakage.

This week I stopped my BCP- so I've been wearing them more often. And its more of a test because this is more of a true period and not just random bleeding. I have been wearing them at work- and so far so good.

Last night we DTD with one in. That was one of the things I wanted to test out because I really couldn't fathom just HOW it would work! I didn't say anything to DF before we started, just waited to see if he could feel it. We started, and I could tell he was confused. LOL He goes....what is that????? I said I'll explain after we're done as long as it doesn't hurt! He said it didn't hurt, he just wasnt sure what it was.

Sex wasn't as pleasurable for me.... felt like he couldn't get extended all the way UP if you know what I mean. He said the same, like it felt restricting depending on our position. But, the good part was that he didn't have a drop of blood on him! That makes it so much more enjoyable for us both. I hate feeling that "wet" down there and he hates the thought of blood on him. He'll do it, but he prefers not to. But, at least we know now that we CAN if we really want to...

Overall, I'd say I like them. Just have to get used to them and position them right!

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!
July 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Nerd
That's quite a review. Very interesting! You are super brave to DTD with your husband with the soft cups in. Next step is the Diva Cup. It'll change your life!
July 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Glad they work for you!!!!!

Yeah the first time I dtd with one in it was a weird feeling... dh doesn't mind them, but since every single time I use one I get some sort of infection (I've even tried putting them in with medical gloves....) we said screw it. LOL

July 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had never even considered you could DTD with one in. These do always seem like a good idea but for some reason I am just too scared to ever actually try. Plus I get bladder infections very very easily so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

July 11th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I will admit, that after we got done, I had a lot of cramping & an uncomfortable feeling down there. I went downstairs to get cleaned up and took it out. Within a few minutes it went away and I feel fine today- no issues so I dont know if it will be like that every time or if its just something to get used to.

Not that we DTD that often when I am on my period anyways, but it is nice to have the option instead of just... well you either get messy or get nothing.

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

July 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Thanks for that honest review!

Gosh, my DH would never DTD while I was on my period, and I think he would be way too grossed out to try if I had a SoftCup in, so kudos to your man!

What's the difference between SoftCups and a Diva Cup?
July 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
The softcups I used were disposable. I think the DivaCup you can use for up to a year? I think the DivaCups might be more comfortable, they're supposed to be made of better material.

I noticed a little bit of discomfort when I try to get them in, actually putting a little water on it helped.

My DF isn't big on doing it during my period if its flowing... but if its on the last day or close to the end he doesnt mind at all. But i'm not big on doing it while its heavier either so it works out fine. Luckily- my periods usually only last 3-4 days so we don't have to wait too long This one seems to be dragging on a little longer since its my first one in a few months.

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search