Log In Sign Up

Possible move- should we wait on TTC?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By plan4fate
  • 2 Post By BabyBirdies
  • 1 Post By remisue16
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By blaundee
  • 1 Post By butterfly721

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 300
I posted a similar thread on the other TTC area, but wanted to get your opinions, too, & it seems that a lot of people stick with just one area of the boards (understandably).

As I said when I first came to this board, we had recently been thinking about ttc, and I've been getting my body ready, with the intent of probably starting this cycle. AF came, is almost done, and we were going to ttc when I o, which *should* be in a little over a week omy periods are irregular, but I seem to O right at 2 weeks after AF starts. Anyway... hubby was offered a job last week that is over 1000 miles away, which would require us to move. Everything is up in the air, but it is looking very likely that we will be moving, and before the year is over. I'm 32, in good health, never ttc before, never been preg before, handle stress very well & am pretty stoic as far as pain, sickness, etc. My age & the stress, though, make me worried about ttc right NOW- I'm not getting any younger, but I dont know how my body will handle pregnancy, if I'll have bad morning sickness, or if the stress combined wit my age will encourage a m/c. Like I said, I handle stress well, but it we do move, this will be one of the most stressful things I've done, moving away from my parents, sisters, inlaws, friends, everything. I am not afraid of morning sickness, I just wonder how hard it would be to move with it, and would the stress put me at a higher risk of m/c? If it were you, would you wait until you moved, or go ahead & ttc?
Reply With Quote
September 15th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,449
I am wondering the same thing. We plan to TTC come early next year and will be moving next summer. But I am used to moving and am probably going to move somewhere I actually want to be so I'll be excited to move.
Reply With Quote
September 15th, 2013, 08:56 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 27,101
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I've learned something these last two years of ttc. I don't wait unless I have to.

Pregnancy can be worked around, but if you work around life to ttc.. you'll never find the time.
1798 Days to Conceive our Miracle!
Baby Girl Due August 7th 2017!!

Reply With Quote
September 15th, 2013, 09:09 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar a sibling!
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles!
Posts: 1,883
Ashley basically said what I was thinking - I wouldn't wait unless I had to.

You can work around pregnancy. And honestly, unless you go against doctor's orders and try to move the couch yourself, you're unlikely to have a problem with miscarriage due to moving - most miscarriages seem to be beyond human control, not about anything anyone did.
Jessica, Raif, Penny and expecting #2!

Two years TTC with #1 followed by a surprise BFP, born Dec. 2014
NTNP for 6 cycles, due Oct. 2016!

Reply With Quote
September 15th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 300
Thank you both so very much
Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,449
Thank you for asking this question, and thanks for the replies as well

The military moves us so I will not be doing any lifting anyway
Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 698
Just wanted to say that I agree with the others that I would NOT wait. I have learned not to plan my life around the possibility of getting pregnant. It is much easier to just deal with it when it comes. Plus I am sure that a LOT of people have moved while pregnant with no issues. Just listen to your doctor and your body.
BriarRose likes this.

Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy to be
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,146
Whatever you decide I wish you much luck! I'm 34 so I understand the concern behind the age factor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Phillipians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,452
the other ladies. We wait for NOTHING unless the doctor orders it for medical reasons. Everyone has to do what is best for them but it seems to me in life things always come up.
BriarRose likes this.

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 300
Thanks! Now I wont feel as if Im being irresponsible & putting a potential baby at risk We will just go on as planned
left_field likes this.
Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
butterfly721's Avatar Mommy-to-be to a baby boy
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,576
I agree with the other ladies. I wouldn't wait unless you have a medical reason to do so. But this is really something only you and your DH can decide.
BriarRose likes this.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0