Log In Sign Up

What's our next move?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2007, 03:46 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,949
I'm waiting on AF to start in 3-4 days and hoping it won't. But if it does then what's our next move? We have been trying for 16 months! DH ordered a home male fertility test and I bought ovulation strips. I only tried them twice since we started and gave up after no BFP. BBT charted for 6 months. And still nothing, so I gave up on that too. DH took the test before and if you guys aren't familiar, it's a two part test. He takes the first one and then waits no more then 7 days to take it again. no ejaculation at all for at least 3 days prior to the test. He got a negative the first time, indicating his sperm count was less then 20 mil. Got a positive the second part of it. Test said wait 2 months and retake it and if we get a negative again in there then we should consult a doc. My gyno gave us a prescription for him to go get a sperm analysis done at the diagnostic center. Our insurance won't cover infertility treatment so we have to pay for all testing and treatment, which bites. What do we do? I'm confused as to if we should seek fertility treatment or try a little longer. The doc isn't worried cause we have had kids before with other people. I'm reluctant to start spending all this money on a fertility doc if it's just a matter of me being a bit more patient. What do you all think? Should we seek pro help or do the home test and give it more time with the ovulation strips? Help!

Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,145
I would have him do the sperm anaylsis that your doc ordered. That way you will know if it is a matter of being patient or if it is something more.
Good luck! I hope you get your BFP real soon!
<div align="center">
Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
I would atleast do the SA then you will know whether its DH or you. If DH has a problem then you will know you need to proceed to the fertility doctor. But if you feel comfortable money wise than I would go to the doctor anyway.

Dh and I recently went through all the testing at the fertility doctor and our insurance did not cover it and we had to pay out of pocket...so far it has not been to expensive but I know it may eventually get to that point.

I wish you and DH the best of luck. I hope you get your BFP soon~
<div align="center">

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0