Log In Sign Up

vent about appt. today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,297
Today I had labs for my progesterone/estrogen. This was my follow-up for the drop I had last week (33 to 19). When the nurse came to get me she said she was thinking the doctor was going to do another scan to check on things...she told me to have the blood work done and she'd get back to me. After my labs were drawn she came to me and said my doctor said she's decided no other u/s until May 13th. WHAT?!

I am terrified of another missed m/c and can't believe I'll be waiting that long. The last time my progesterone was raised quite a bit with the prometrium (from 16 to 263) and I still miscarried, but didn't know until I was 11 1/2 wks. along. Plus I've got the bleed around my uterus that she is supposed to be keeping an eye on.

I am so bummed that I won't know anything for a few more weeks.
I don't know if I should request one anyway, or just be patient and try not to flip out.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
April 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,810
just my 2 cents but if you want a little more monitoring (and i totally would!) then i'd be a pest until they agree to do an earlier u/s...if it will ease your mind and you're worrying right now then i think it'd be beneficial just to reduce your stress level. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
Reply With Quote
April 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 8,212
I totally agree with Lara. I would request one sooner if it would make you feel better. Stress is not good for you or your baby. Please KUP.

Reply With Quote
April 22nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 115
I agree, most doctors seem to understand that those of us with previous losses need more reassurance- or at least need to have a decreased amount of waiting time... I would try to get an earlier ultrasound.

Baby Bria born 5/6/09

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0