Popping over with a "one tube wonder" question...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
(hope no one minds I'm popping over here with questions)

If I remember correctly there are some ladies that have graduated from TTCAL that had only 1 fallopian tube... could you please retell your stories? what happened? how long ttc took before viable pregnancy? did you have another ectopic if any at all?

Just found out today via HSG that my left tube is totally blocked, looking for hope here ladies... please share your's with me if you don't mind?

Thank you all so much...

June 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) Sorry your HSG did not bring better news. It is a hard pill to swollow when you hear your fertility may possibly be reduced.

I like to think of myself as a One Tube Wonder This phrase always makes me giggle and think about a woman wearing a super hero costume with a cap blowing in the breeze.

I lost my right tube Oct 2nd 2007 with my ectopic pregnancy. I was very devistated about loosing another child but also greived the loss of my tube. I felt less than whole. Like I was not womanly anymore and I had let my DH down. But this is so far from true!

Ater my loss I was told to wait until AF returned to start TTC again. We practice NFP so I just kept charting and I was so depressed from the loss that dtd was the furthest thing from my mind. Nov 11th 2007 DH and I celebrated my birthday one day early! Like I said I had been charting so I new I had already O'd and though I was in the clear.

The Monday after Thanksgiving I called my OB to tell him I still had not gotten AF back. They told me it could take up to 8 weeks after surgery but to come on in b/c there was a pill they could give me but he required a negitive blood test before he perscribed it.

The OB got me in that day so I rolled up my sleeve and they took my blood. The nurse gave me a big hug and told me she would call in the RX as soon as she got the blood work back.

Weds the nurse called me at work and told me they needed to do another draw b/c my Beta was 82 Said it could be still from the loss so they wanted to make sure it was going down.

Next set of labs came back and Beta was in the 400's I had gotten pg from the ONE time DH and I dtd...yay for birthday lovin'

I had a nice normal pregnancy with DS and lots of extra u/s just to make sure he was in my uterus and doing well. He was born via VBAC July 21, 2008 at 38w. He is perfect in every way!

The only issue I had was the pg is I cramped the whole time. After lots of u/s the OB determined this was b/c of the scare tissue in my belly from the surgeries (ectopic, c/s from DD, and having my gallbladder removed). But it caused no problems just worried me to pieces all 9m.

And I am now pg again! DH and I were NTNP for 6m to get this LO but that is not that long in the grand sceem of things. This pg has been going very well so far. Still having cramping but again baby is fine and it is from the scare tissue. My OB is completely optimistic that this baby will be born happy and healthy in October.

Over all I have lost 3 angels, but none since my ectopic loss.

Hoping and praying that you get your Rainbow baby soon! PM me if you need anything!

June 9th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Celena I'm so sorry that you didn't get better news from your HSG. I've seen many members graduate with only one tube. I hope that you will soon be one of them!
June 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend has one tube after an IUI pregnancy which resulted in an ectopic. I'm not sure how long it took as she hasn't discussed her losses much, but after the ectopic she was getting healthy/losing weight for her sister's wedding and she became pregnant naturally and is now 24 weeks pregnant and had an uneventful pregnancy. Her and her dh had no fertility issues identified but just couldn't 'hold on' to a pregnancy until now. She said they were in disbelief that they got pg naturally with one tube but it definitely happens! Good luck!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My twin sister had an ectopic pregancy that resulted in the loss of a tube. She was not TTC after and got pregnant without trying shortly after. My neice is 9 months old The tubal pregnancy was her only loss.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

June 9th, 2010, 09:11 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my best friends had to have emergency surgery to have one of her ovaries removed. She does still have both tubes but only one ovary. She got pregnant a couple months after her surgery and she wasn't even trying. She now has a beautiful baby girl who just turned one year old last month

June 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm sorry you got that news Celena ((hugs))

I have one fallopian tube - mine got removed as part of my surgery for my ectopic pregnancy (October 07)... Since i had the surgery, I have been pregnant twice - once was an oopsy in December 07 (miscarried, wasn't ectopic), and once we were TTC (this pregnancy). The pregnancy that we TTC, took 3 cycles.......

June 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Celena.. I am praying for your LO to come into your arms... June sounds like a great month for a BFP!!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
June 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Celena,

I am so sorry you got bad news on your HSG. My sister lost one ovary and tube as a result of adhesions from a fibroid tumor. The only time she got pregnant on her own, without medical assistance was after the surgery. She was not trying at the time and was totally shocked. That pregnancy ended in m/c, BUT she has other fertiltiy issues (extensive adhesions and scar tissue from the first surgery - to the point the RE recommended a hysterectomy).

I also worked with a girl that had an ectopic rupture and she later went on to have an uneventful, successful pregnancy.

I know you will be holding your little angel one day - don't give up.

Kat.
June 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
thanks ladies for being so wonderful, supportive and sharing your stories, it really takes away allot of anxieties and reservations I had. I couldn't have asked for or recieve a better group of friends here @ JM!!

@ ~*Kixs*~ your story is very inspirational! Thank you for taking the time to tell it all the part where you felt your womanhood had been taken away is so very much one of the emotions strongest felt after I had found out that day.

June 14th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Super Mommy
My best friend had an ovary removed due to a cyst and went on to have 2 beautiful boys. She did not have any issues, they just NTNP'd both of them and she was pregnant within a few months. The boys are only 14 months apart.

June 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena View Post
the part where you felt your womanhood had been taken away is so very much one of the emotions strongest felt after I had found out that day.
(((HUGS))) Hang in there. For me I really greived the loss of my tube almost as much as the losss of my baby. Went through all the stages. Anger, denial, bargining...etc. Do you have anyone to talk to? It helps.

August 17th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I haven't really had many people to talk about it with except here at JM, but that's it. Thank you so much, thank you ALL. I'm really hoping we get our dreams come true and our rainbow baby

We're on cycle 5 after evtopic LO loss... 3 O's now since HSG... hope this is it!

August 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been pregnant twice since I lost my left tube and ovary to a ruptured ectopic, and both times I got pregnant our first cycle trying. I was told by the doctor that the other ovary often makes up for the missing one, but I'm not sure if that would be the same when you still have two? Good luck!

August 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Can they not "Un-block" it?

August 17th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
((((hugs)))) Celena - I'm sorry. I can't wait to see pics of your rainbow baby! I'm hoping and praying it will be soon.
and

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search