New here, and nervous :/

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 08:50 PM
daisyjay2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. I am Jayme, pregnant with #2. I have a DD who just turned 2 and have had 2 losses, one in Dec. 09 at 11 weeks and one in early march 2010 at 9 weeks. I just got a positive hpt on thursday and couldn't be more excited, but am also really nervous too. I'm glad to have found this board and look forward to getting to know all of you girls
June 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome, I know what you mean by nervous i will be 15 wks tomorrow and im still scared, i haven't heard the heartbeat or seen the baby yet..

June 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jayme! Congratulations!!

I hope you have a wonderfully healthy, uneventful 9 months!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
June 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome!
June 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm Emma, mummy to Gaby (3 1/2) & Emersyn (6 days old)

June 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
thanks girls! i had my betas and progesterone drawn yesterday at 14dpo so i'm waiting for the results today... hopefully good news, and then i'll have my betas done again tomorrow. i'm taking baby aspirin daily and am really wishing i was on progesterone but my dr. said she wouldn't prescribe it unless it was quite low. with my last m/c it was 22 at 12dpo and she said that was 'good' but not 'spectacular' and not low enough for supplements. can you have too much progesterone? with my 2 losses, i would feel better being on it even if i'm not super low. anyone know anything about that? anyway, i will update with my numbers, even though i know you really don't know anything until you can see if you're doubling. have a great day
June 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
*update* the nurse called and my hcg at 14dpo was 110 and progesterone was 20.8. she said both numbers looked great but i asked her about a progesterone supplement anyway. she is going to ask the dr. and call me back. anyway, so far so good
June 24th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Well, I got my second beta and it was not the news I was hoping for... First one was on the 21st and was 110 and second was on the 23rd (almost exactly 48 hours later) and was only 188. I know not everyone doubles in 48 hours but my heart is just breaking. After 2 consecutive losses I just don't know how I would handle a third. The nurse really made me angry too. She called and said, "yeah, those aren't the numbers we would have liked to have seen, let me talk to the on call Dr. and call you back." Why the heck didn't you talk to him and then call me in the first place?? Did she just want to freak me out and then leave me hanging? Well, she succeeded in that. This puts me at a 62 hour doubling time... With my 2 miscarriages, the first one had betas that were low and didn't double, and the second had normal numbers that more than doubled so I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other. I also don't have any serious symptoms, just little things here and there, but even with my dd who is now 2, I had no symptoms whatsoever. No cramping or spotting either so I guess that's a positive. Ok, I'm done rambling now and better get busy praying I thought this was supposed to be a happy time?....
June 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you going to do another beta draw? Maybe this bean is just a slow grower and it will pick up. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there!
June 24th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are having such a stressful time. Hopefully the betas mean nothing and your bean is right on track.

June 24th, 2010, 03:29 PM
sportyboymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! Just wanted to say I was thinking of you. I'm hoping for the best. Come on numbers!

What previous testing have you had done for losses? Or is the aspirin just a precaution?

Also, just wanted to say that I had ZERO pregnancy symptoms ever. So don't let that freak you out. Stay strong!
June 24th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, it sounds so stressful! I'm crossing my fingers for you.
June 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Thank you all for the encouraging words. After my second loss in March of this year, we had a battery of blood tests done. I couldn't even tell you what exactly they were testing for but they took like 16 viles of blood. Everything came back 'normal' except for something that tested for clotting came back slightly elevated, but not in the 'high' category so that's what the baby aspirin is for. I am trying to stay as positive as I can But it's so hard not the fear for the worse case scenario... I have another beta draw on Monday and will talk to my Dr. Tuesday. I'm just going to try and stay busy this weekend and enjoy my wonderful husband and amazing daughter (by the way, she was my first pregnancy and it was the most uneventful, smooth time of my life) go figure right? Thank you all again, and I will keep you posted....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search