Question about my test ??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2010, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am or should be (not for sure since I had my miscarriage June 6th) 3 weeks 6days. But my question is that my test seem to not be getting any darker??? I took another test today and it looks about the same as it was a couple days ago ???? Should I be worried.... I am just scared and worried that my period is going to show up now.... Last night I had a tiny bit of red/pink blood but only once and this past week I have had just a tiny bit of brown cm??? Any advice ladies?
July 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs Hugs Hugs Mary.....Can you go in for a Beta? Did they test your #'s to 0 after your loss?

It could be that you just o'd later too and that spotting could have been impantation bleeding.
July 3rd, 2010, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No they never tested me to 0 after my loss......I really just want to know if I am or not. If not fine but this is killing me..... If I am not I think I have talked Dh into another baby I am just hoping that ovulated later. I remember with my D&E my first period was not until 33 days ? So right now I am 28 days ..So I just this is jut going to be a big waiting game ..

BY looking at the test I think It is a " slight " darker but not much /
July 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call the Dr and see if they could call into the lab or get you in first thing Monday to get beta's drawn. Since you just had a loss.. it could be left over HCG in your system. Or a new pregnancy... The only way to tell at this point would be to see your numbers double. KUP.... HUGS

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
July 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
oh mary
im sure they will get darker and you are just worried
i would defo call for an appointment to get your numbers checked though hun
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
July 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
sportyboymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's definitely hard at this point to say what you are seeing. With my second miscarriage, I tested "positive" for almost a month after my D&C. I continued to take pregnancy tests so I could see when they were negative. Once they were negative, then I counted that as the start of my cycle.

I agree with the other ladies...maybe you can get your numbers checked if you are worried? Otherwise, I bet a few days will tell...they will either start to get noticeably darker or not at all. I do caution you, sometimes ladies will mistakenly believe they have had a 2nd miscarriage when the tests get lighter...but really the tests were still showing positive from their first loss. So, be cautious with your heart. Don't automatically assume it's another loss if you know what I mean.
July 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Regular
Mine took quite a while to get nice and dark this time. I got a very faint bfp at 12 dpo and then it didn't get noticably darker until about 3 days later. I was making myself crazy over the darkness too and had to only allow myself to test every other day and to make sure I didn't drink a ton of fluid before testing and held my pee. Each test has a slightly different amount of dye in it, this and your fluid intake can effect the darkness early on. Try waiting a couple days and then see if it looks darker.

July 4th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I recomend a digital.

Unless you bought a bunch of Internet cheaps from the same lot the differnt tests and the ligtness darkness have nothing to do with anything.
July 4th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary♥RN View Post
I would call the Dr and see if they could call into the lab or get you in first thing Monday to get beta's drawn. Since you just had a loss.. it could be left over HCG in your system. Or a new pregnancy... The only way to tell at this point would be to see your numbers double. KUP.... HUGS
I agree. Your loss was only a few weeks ago so it's very likely that your numbers have not dropped back to 0.
July 5th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I am not sure If I am pregnant or not.....I had some spotting last Friday 9 not sure) So far my tests are the same and my period is no where in sight... So No more test and I am just holding off. Positivie not is that if I am not pregnant Dh wants to try again..... I will test at the end of the week and go from there .. THank
ladies for your imput
July 5th, 2010, 06:18 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mary - That is great News that DH is on board with another lo!! I really hope that you are pg, but if not, I hope you get a sticky bean ASAP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search