My first prenatal appointment

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were there for about 3 hours. You all know how I was so stressed about not getting good prenatal care and having to wait this long but wow is it worth it!! The clinic is inside the hospital and is very clean and bright - not at all like the clinic I went to 20 years ago when I had my son.

One of the nurses called in sick today so an RN who used to head the maternity wing came and took my blood pressure, did the urine check ect... She has been working at the hospital for 30 years. She got talking with my husband and I and we fell in love with her. She offered to be our "nurse buddy" even though that is not even her job anymore! We got her office as well as personal cell phone and I can call her anytime I need anything. I <3 her!! When I go into labor she will be there at the hospital to ensure I have a friendly face there.

The nurse practitioner came in and we did the whole medical history thing. She was so patient with me and Red - answered all our questions and was so sweet and funny! I <3 her too even though she is the one that gave me the Elderly label, lol. Did a pap (yuck) and discussed the amino with us. I told her about the heart palpitations and she ordered an ekg just to be on the safe side. We listened to the heartbeat and I think my monitor at home is better than theirs!

Then we were sent to a counselor who gave us all the fun pregnancy literature and information on how to sign up for childbirth classes and tours of the hospital. I also got a magnet for the fridge and I know I am babbling way too much about this.

Then I went and got bloodwork taken and the ekg done. Then we went out and got a burger and fries from 5 guys.

It was such a great appointment. Everyone seemed to genuinely care and I walked away feeling the wait is so worth it.

So we will know the sex in just 3 short weeks! Most everyone is saying Blue because my belly is so huge... we shall see!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
That is amazing! I am glad that it went so well for you! Can't wait for you to know the gender!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 6th, 2011, 08:34 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still say girl Glad your appt was wonderful, you deserve an uneventful day with nothing but happiness!!
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Look at my huge belly and tell me what you think! (I keep forgetting you don't have facebook)

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

June 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So glad you had such a great first appointment. And that the wait was worth it . I love your belly pic too. Can't wait to find out what you are having, 3 weeks is going to fly by... well for me at least .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a great appointment! The office seems amazing, I never heard of a nurse buddy but I want one too lol. I can't wait to find out what you are having your belly is so cute! For the record I still say girl
June 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM
mom2moose
Glad you had a great appt. and liked the clinic. As for the belly, I was ALL belly with Moose (a girl). You couldn't even tell I was pregnant from behind, it was ALL in the front. Now, I'm having a boy, and I've gotten bigger everywhere else. (Cute pic though!) Can't believe you'll know the sex in only 3 weeks! So exciting!!
June 7th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad you had a good appointment! Being comfortable with your doctors/midwives/nurses makes such a huge difference.

June 7th, 2011, 06:04 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a great appointment! That nurse sounds wonderful...I want one too!!

As for the belly....I still am saying girl too. I am like Jenny. With DD I gained mostly in my belly, and now with a boy, I'm just huge everywhere. 3 weeks!! I can't wait for you to find out too!!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

June 7th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
June 7th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy that you had a WONDERFUL appoinment !!!!! You tummy looks so cute !!
June 7th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad you had an awesome appointment and have a great nurse buddy! I had one with my second son, she had been the childbirth educator with our first (we only had 2 classes out of 8 and I went into preterm labor). She came and met my first when he was born, but when she heard I was at the hospital to have my 2nd she came to my room and said, "I'm staying all night 'til this guy is here." She stayed with me for most of my labor and helped me get to almost 10 cm before I caved at got the epi...couldn't have made it to 9.5 without her!

I hope you love having a nurse buddy!!!! Your belly shot is too totally CUTE! I say girl because you seem to be carrying low...but I'm no good at guesses. Either way, I say adorable and sweet!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Aww Missy

You look GREAT !!

My Vote is girl !

June 7th, 2011, 09:42 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appointment!!!

I say boy, just because...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 7th, 2011, 05:30 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
So glad you had such a good appointment. Your "nurse buddy" sounds great! Can't wait to find out the gender!

P.s. LOVE the belly pic!(I'm gonna say girl, I don't really know why....just what I feel)

1/25/12

June 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a good appointment! And OMG Missy what a cute baby bump you have!!!!
June 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Thank you girls!! So that was 7 girl and 1 boy vote. Honestly in a way I am hoping for a girl to put cute little dresses on and go to the nail salon with plus DH wants a girl. But a boy will make me so happy as well as I am so close to my sons.

Thanks Courtney! I missed confetti girl

June 7th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Missy, your appointment sounds like it was beyond awesome. I can't wait to see your ultrasound update in just a few short weeks!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
June 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Veteran
So happy for you Missy!
June 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your appointment sounds like it was amazing And 5 guys is yummy! Mmmmmm.

I can't wait to find out what you're having I have an u/s that day too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search