Baby stuff...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Preggo Mommies- What all still needs to be done before baby gets here?

Baby already born mommies- What things did you forget to get before baby and had to scramble to get after?

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 17th, 2012, 07:16 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*

I just have to wash a few things that I picked up after I thought I was "done".

1/25/12

January 17th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pretty much everything. Sometime in the 3rd trimester I'll sort through baby clothes and wash them. I need to pull out our newborn and size small cloth diapers and make sure everything is still in good condition. We'll need to get some new D cell batteries for the baby swing. Get the high chair out of the garage and clean it off (I like to have the baby sit at the table during dinner even though he or she won't be eating with us for a while).

We need to get a new car seat. We need to buy or borrow a bassinet so that I'm not stumbling on the stairs in the middle of the night (this is the first time we'll have a baby with our bedroom on a different floor from the kids' rooms).

We need to transition my daughter out of the crib and into a toddler bed. She loves her crib, so I think it may take a bit of work.

But I'm only 14w5d, so I have plenty of time to get it all done.
January 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We already have the crib but it needs put together. We also need to buy a car seat but we have to wait until the third trimester to get a $100 refund from DH's work. We also have to move Christian from the down stairs bedroom to the upstairs one. I'm hoping that by the end of Feb we can have everything ready to go.

=May '05 and '11

January 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I should pretty much have everything I need... problem is most of its pink so because money is so tight im going to reuse as much as I can and then register for boy stuff and if someone gets it for me great if not he will just have baths with pink bath towels but its not like really anyone will see.

I need to get DH to get all the baby stuff down from the attic so I can see what I really have incase I got rid of things and forgot about it. But I shold have all the big stuff and just need to fill in with clothing.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 17th, 2012, 08:37 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I pretty much need everything. We are not even going to buy anything until we find out the gender next week.

Wait, I lie, I have a rocker and a used stroller.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
January 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I kept most things from the boys - I have all their clothes, and I think a good amount of it will go either gender - if not a frilly bow will have to do if I have a girl!

we moved recently and to make the move easier, I got rid of the swing, jumperoo, playmat, infant seat (would have expired anyway) breast feeding pillow.

I think I am going to try and get a moby wrap on ebay, look for a swing at yardsales or craigslist.

I've got a long wait before I even thinking about buying anything.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 17th, 2012, 08:44 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I still need to do just about everything. DH is STILL working on clearing out the room, which then still needs to have one window replaced, and we need to redo the walls.
I have managed to go through DS's baby things, and separate out what we can use, what I'm putting back and keeping for him and what we don't need.
I also registered this weekend, although I don't plan on having a shower, this way I can get that lovely coupon for things left on my registry!

January 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I still need to do everything. I have to get the bedroom downstairs cleaned out so I can put the playpen/Napper in there. I need to clean out the 3 rooms up stairs. Plus we still need alot for the baby.
January 17th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS we had everything before he was born, expect for little things for BF.
Wit this one we have everything expect for the car seat.

January 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still need to do everything. We kept all of my son's stuff so besides new carseats and cloth diapers (first time this time) we won't really need much else. I'm not going to do anything until I'm further along. Just superstitious I guess.

Jan 2010 August 2011

January 17th, 2012, 06:07 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Ahh I can't believe how many rainbow babies are going to be arriving soon

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

January 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I still need to do and buy pretty much everything. Waiting to find out the gender and have the anatomy scan and then I'll start getting ready.... All I have right now is some girl clothes since I got rid of everything after my 3rd baby.

January 17th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Veteran
everything ! im waiting till feb 6th when we have our gender scan to by anything and its driving me crazy iv found so much i want to buy but im going on the safe side and waiting i feel like it'l never get done it time lol but i have names picked out at least !!!
January 18th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
What still needs to be done before baby gets here?

I still have a lot to do. The list is so long that it's not worth typing. The only thing I've done so far is: inventory the leftover baby stuff in my basement, buy stuff, make a registry while awaiting my 10% Amazon discount, put down a deposit for cord blood banking and schedule a sibling class for my son.

SO much to do. I'm not freaking out yet though.
January 18th, 2012, 06:22 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
With Darcy thankfully we had everything we needed ahead of time. We all thought she was going to be really early with my preterm labor so we wanted to be prepared. With Rowan all we had to do was get a baby monitor for Darcy since Ro got the angel care.

January 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to get a lot of things but not sure where to begin! I already have the cloth diapers but I think they are too big for a newborn so I guess I need to get crackin'.... But I would like to know the sex of the baby too.. so maybe I can wait just a few more weeks... but it's so hard! I want to buy everything!!!!!
January 18th, 2012, 08:40 AM
kzoo1280's Avatar Kristin...TTC #1!
Yep, i'm in the "still needs to do everything" boat too. Our parents are both dying to start buying us things so after we (hopefully) learn the sex of the baby on the 31st, we will probably look more seriously into furniture, etc. We will probably register soon after. Seems a little surreal...

Married May 2009

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search