Well, I managed to go nearly 5 months without it...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
...but pregochondria is hitting me hard today.

I'm nursing, so I haven't had a period yet, which isn't helping, because I have no clue what my body is doing.

Anyway, the night before last DH and I decided to get rid of the condom because it was just getting in the way and making things painful for me, etc. I woke up feeling like crud this morning and I had some ewcm.

Now, I know it's all in my head...but....last time I did that we got Patrick.

Not that I wouldn't love another baby, but I just REALLY don't want to be pregnant again. Like...ever. I thought I had finally decided for sure that we were done, so I was going to call about getting an IUD or something today.

But now...I don't know. Part of me doesn't want to be done yet.

Just pretty much babbling now. lol

January 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I know what you mean. I was 100% done 9 years ago when my daughter was born. I had a boy, a girl, and I was a single mother with her hands full. The thought of another child freaked me out. Then I met James and that all changed when I saw what a good man is with children. (I know different situation, but same with not wanting kids) Now look at me! I am pretty sure that this one is my last one though, because I have not been able to enjoy my pregnancy because of the fear.

It did amaze me though of how I was so sure I was done, only to turn around and be super baby crazy.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
January 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup same here, I was DONE after my 3rd baby but then got divorced and met an awesome guy and all of a sudden after being with him for 2 years I wanted just *one* with him. So here I am, 4 months pregnant.

January 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Awww! I say give it some time to think about it. If it's something you really want then go for it. I hope you find peace with whatever you decide.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

January 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, an IUD isn't permanent, so if you change your mind you could always get it taken out.

I think I'm done after this pregnancy, regardless of outcome. But I'm afraid to do anything permanent in case I change my mind.
January 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I agree at least (if you aren't pregnant now) the IUI isn't permanent.
I'm definitely done after this one- but then again I have a few (several) years on you too.

January 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say, really think about it. I know that you have had hard pg/don't enjoy it as much as others, so really think about it.

January 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I felt like that after our son, done because DH wanted to be but had this longing for another. Even after my losses I dreamed of just one more living baby. Now with Kaitlynn here the thought of going through another pregnancy scares the crap out of me. DH is getting snipped Friday . No more babies for us and I am totally at peace with it. I feel that my family is complete. If I didn't feel this way though I would never make a permeant decision about our family. I hope you find peace in your decision.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
That is how I got here. I've been saying for years I was done. Then it hit. Now here I am.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

January 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how that feels Brittanie....you have that shadow of doubt. I think if you are questioning it, then you are answering your own question...there might be another for you. But, I can say that because I am not the one who has to house the little tyke for nine months, so I am sure you will do what you feel is right for your family. Good luck and hope it works out the way you need and want!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
January 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really want another baby but with how hard it was with Scarlett we are done. If the stork would drop one off for me that would be great! My surgery is on Monday.

You have such hard pregnancies too Brittanie. It is so hard to make a decision when your head says one thing and your heart another.

I guess we shall stalk you in a few weeks

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand Brittanie...I thought I was done too, but now i'm not so sure...I'm also not on birth control, and i've already had it in my mind "what if i'm pregnant" (which there's no way I could be any way lol)...I'm not exactly sure what I want to do, that's why we aren't going to do anything yet...I was thinking of an IUD (it's the only birth control my dr said I can use), but it scares me.

January 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I agree with the with the other ladies. A IUD isn't permanent.
January 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
I'm not exactly sure what I want to do, that's why we aren't going to do anything yet...I was thinking of an IUD (it's the only birth control my dr said I can use), but it scares me.
That's exactly why I haven't really done anything yet, I didn't know what it was I wanted to do. If we're going to have another one, I'd like to do it fairly soon (though admittedly not quite yet) because I'd only want one more and the idea of being done and never being pregnant again is an appealing one. And so I don't want to do anything that would mess up my cycles (plus I'm nursing so my options of bc are limited).

Stupid pregochondria. I'm sure I'm not pregnant. Allison is acting like she doesn't feel well either. But any time I'm nauseated now I think I'm pregnant. Or any time I think I could be pregnant I get nauseated. I need to get out of my head. lol

January 19th, 2012, 06:34 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
That must be a really hard place to be in. I hope your decision comes easily to you and you can move on with what it is you want to do.

If it helps at all. I had the Paraguard (non-hormonal) IUD put in after I had Liam in October 2009. I had it taken out in April 2010. Insurance covers it, so we really did not lose any money by having it in for such a short time. I did not realize I wanted another baby so quickly. And the doc did not even blink twice that I wanted it out so quickly. I am sure it happens plenty of times. It was an easy BC. I will be getting it when we "think" we are done but not quite sure. Just to buy us 10 years to be really sure. So that is always an option (unless you have to pay out of pocket, of course it would be more of a decision) in the meantime. Insertion and removal was easy as well
January 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Well, Patrick's throwing up today, so my nausea the other day was probably me being sick. I don't ever throw up when sick when I'm not pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search