Infant shots...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scarlett is getting her 2 month shots tomorrow. I am reading conflicting information on the internet about tylenol usage. Some places say give tylenol before her shots to ease the pain; some say wait until after her shots.

What are your thoughts? What have you done in the past?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the past they always told me to give my kids tylenol...This time with Jakob they did not...He did just fine and didn't have any reaction to his shots at all...can you call her dr and ask what they think?

January 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
I think we did for some. but DS was seriously such a trooper that he had zero issues getting shots. so after a few times we would only give tylenol if he got a fever or just seemed to not want to do anything afterwords. (which wasn't often)

I think it just depends on how she reacts to them. you can always just play it by ear and wait to give it to her after the shots. I think the thought behind giving it to them before hand is so that it has time to start working and you don't have a fussy/hurting baby for 1/2 hr while it kicks in.
Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
January 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM
The office is closed for dinner for another half hour. I will call them soon and ask. Thanks, I was curious as to what others have done. I remember with the boys I would give them tylenol and 2oz of sugar water before their shots.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

January 18th, 2012, 03:25 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
With my first two I gave it before going in. This time with all the recalls of baby meds I am not giving anything. She has done great. I wish I hadn't done it with my first two. I would personally wait and see how she does if she needs it. She might do great. Wow 2 months already I can't believe how fast she is growing.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 18th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS I did not give him anything not before not after, I just hold him while they gave him the shots, he cried for 2 min and that was it.

January 18th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My kids get fevers from the shots. I didn't give Allison anything until after, because I wanted to see what her reaction was if anything, and it was the same as the other two. So for her others I'll have the doctor give her some at the office.

January 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't recall giving anything to my son after any shots. I definitely did not give him medicine before the shot.
January 18th, 2012, 04:43 PM
mom2moose
For his 2 and 4 month, I gave Fat Finn Tylenol, after the fact. (Not actually Tylenol. An off brand because Tylenol has had too many recalls recently.) But for future shots, I will give him some meds before we do the shot.
January 18th, 2012, 04:52 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I used to give DD Tylenol when we got home from her shots, she would always get a low grade fever. Her pedicatrician has always said you can give tylenol after if she has a fever or is fussy. I will wait until after and see how CJ does before giving it to him too...

1/25/12

January 19th, 2012, 04:52 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I always waited to see if she had any reactions or got a fever. We never had any problems but I also did selective vacinations and we split them into 2 visits each time.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 19th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I gave Reagan the Tylenol before her 2 month shots and then I would forget for the others, she did great anyways, she would cry when they gave her the shot and be totally fine as soon as I scooped her up, she also never had any reactions or fevers with any of them.

GL today, it's always so hard on us, I think they do better than we do

January 19th, 2012, 08:32 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Good luck today! Hard to believe she is already 2 months!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

January 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Missy....2 months already!!

I didn't give anything before shots and both kids have been great through them all (Danica actually continued talking through her latest one and didn`t even notice it happened!). I`ve had to give Tylenol after the fact once with Danica for a low grade fever but that`s it.

Good Luck!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

January 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor said that the composition of the shots has changed and reactions are far less likely, although they do still happen. I think he said the Pentacel was the worst offender? Either way, I have never given the kids Tylenol before an immunization and I've only given Chloe some after her last, but her fussiness might not have been from the immunization.

January 19th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always given my kids tylenol before ,but I have heard that you should wait until after just in case the have a reaction ???
January 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I gave DS Tylenol if I remembered too. But I always made sure that I had a bottle or something for him right after (nursing works too ) It calmed him down almost immediately.

January 19th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Last night they said do not give her tylenol or anything before the shots. She cried for a minute after but then was great. The doctor gave us some tylenol to take home and thank goodness he did! Just like her brothers she got warm almost immediately and has been fussy all day.

On a side note she took a 2 hour nap laying in bed with me today and it was so sweet. I love snuggling with her.

Hopefully tomorrow she feels better!

January 19th, 2012, 09:44 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sorry she got warm and fussy but glad you got some snuggle time. Hope she is feeling better real quick.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search