not so great appt. today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I had my 37 week appt today. It started off bad by having to wait an hour with DD before even being seen. Then my BP was borderline high but still "ok". I then mentioned how I have had a migraine for 5 days and she is worried about an existing growth I have in my brain(from my condition NF). She is afraid it may have grown and wants me to have an MRI next week. Great I get to lay flat on my back for 30minutes at 38 weeks pregnant... I know she is worried but, "it is what it is" if it grew there is nothing that can be done anyways. Then...she measured my and I measuring 4 weeks behind now...my fundal height hasn't changed in 3 weeks. SO I am having an U/S next week too, to check his growth. He was at the 19th percentile last week if it is lower than 15 they will take him out a week earlier (38weeks),next friday! So pretty much just waiting/worrying a week to find out what is going on...blah

1/25/12

January 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's no fun at all.

Can you ask to put off the MRI until after the baby is born? Especially if they're talking about you having him earlier.

Try not to stress too much about his size. I know he's been measuring small in ultrasound, but the fundal height is not a very accurate way to guess baby's size. I measured a month behind for a few appointments with my daughter. It was entirely because she was posterior--she was 7lb 13oz at birth despite two different doctors making me go for growth ultrasounds in the 3rd trimester due to my belly measuring small.
January 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am sorry you didn't have a good appointment. I also wondered if you can ask to wait for the MRI. Is a week going to make that much of a difference? And as far as measuring small... my sister they were freaking out about measuring small at the end but he was just a small baby and everything was fine. That stinks that you have to wait a week for answers. I hope your week goes by quickly.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

January 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you had a bad appt. I agree, if they decide to take him at 38 weeks (next week), can they do the MRI after he is born?

January 19th, 2012, 02:25 PM
mom2moose
Honestly? I don't even know if it's possible to lay flat for a half hour while 38 weeks pregnant!! That's nuts. I hope the u/s shows good growth. Try not to worry, although I know it's hard!
January 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had a bad appt. Yeah I would ask to delay the MRI too. That would be so uncomfortable! Maybe the baby dropped down into your pelvis or something and that's making you measure smaller.... Hopefully the U/S will give you some answers.

January 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'm sorry your appt didn't go well! I'd ask to delay the MRI too, especially if you may be delivering soon!

January 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try not to worry about the size, with DS I measured big and at the end he was normal weight.
I agree about the MRI, can they wait until after the baby is born?

January 19th, 2012, 06:05 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Thanks ladies, she said we should do the MRI before since I need it anyway. She said it would be good for anesthesia to know how big the tumor is since I am having a spinal? I will ask again, it's not set it stone yet. My mom is wants me to just do it..she is worried. I'm not too worried about his size, and it would be nice to have him a week sooner..I was looking at pictures of my pregnancy with DD and I was much bigger with her. I'll let you all know next week

1/25/12

January 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP

That is a lot to worry about. I hope he has grown and just your belly isn't measuring. Wow I can't believe you are so close. I have missed so much. Either way it won't be long until you get to meet your little man!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Sorry it didn't go that well

It does seem like fundal height wouldn't be the best way to check for babies growth. I hope everything looks better at your next appt. KUP on everything!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 View Post
It does seem like fundal height wouldn't be the best way to check for babies growth.
Isn't that why she's being sent for a growth ultrasound though? To check for sure (well, as sure as you can get without the baby actually being born anyway?)

I think having a proactive doctor is a good thing. It sucks to have ANYTHING to worry about though! I hope everything is okay.

I hope you clear up the MRI thing. I just cringed thinking about laying on my back for that long that far along! >_<

January 20th, 2012, 04:18 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
OH no fun having to lay on your back... at 24 weeks I am already having issues with that.
Good luck with the MRI. I hope the Ultrasound shows good growth.

Wont be long now until he is here

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry your appt didn't go well. I hope the growth u/s goes well.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search