Diapers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 1 Post By Shadeauxe
  • 1 Post By StaceygirlPa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
The main stay of our lives once baby gets here .

What brand are you buying (or did you buy)?
Will you get the cheapest or ones you have coupons for?
Will you only get one brand?
Are you going to cloth diaper or disposable diaper?
Share your diaper stories.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 26th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What brand are you buying (or did you buy)?
I'm going to try the same thing we did for dd. We really liked the Pampers baby swaddler. I already have a value box of Size 1 and Size 2. Noticed another $25 gift card at babies r us when you buy 2 value boxes and wipes. Might go and get 2 more value boxes before he comes.

Once I find a brand I like, I stick to it and just try to find the best price around for it.

Unless something makes me change the brand. Once dd got into the "cruisers" of pampers, we switched to huggies. Many less leaks. It may be alltogether different with a boy this time around tho.

Disposable -- daycare won't do cloth.

January 27th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
What brand are you buying (or did you buy)? I have bought a variety because I don't yet know what will fit or what I will like
Will you get the cheapest or ones you have coupons for? No. Quality is more important to me than price.
Will you only get one brand? I don't know.
Are you going to cloth diaper or disposable diaper? Cloth. The day cares here are ok with cloth.
Share your diaper stories.
January 27th, 2012, 05:21 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
What brand are you buying (or did you buy)? Doesn't matter to me. I never paid attention to brand with my other two. (just price)
Will you get the cheapest or ones you have coupons for?I'll buy whatever is cheapest, whether that be with coupons or without.
Will you only get one brand?Nah. Things are VERY tight, and as long as a diaper works and does not hurt their bottom, I'll use it.
Are you going to cloth diaper or disposable diaper?I tried cloth diapers when I babysat my friend's daughter, I did not like them. Maybe it is because I am used to disposables.
Share your diaper stories. With my 2 previous kids, I was a single teenage mom working 2 jobs. I had to buy what I could afford and found that White Cloud (Wal-Mart brand) actually worked better for me than Huggies or Pampers. I bought what I found was cheap, but Luvs back then sucked, so I will probably stay away from those now too.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
January 27th, 2012, 06:12 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Just wanted to through this out there. If you join amazon.com/mom and get a diaper delivery for 30% off. Sign up on huggies & pampers sites & they'll send you coupons.

This place has some deals
Official Diapers.com Coupon Codes
JessP likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

January 27th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy
We used Huggies exclusively for DS. we tried a few other brands, but we thought pampers were AWEFUL. they had this meshy liner and it was just gross with the brestmilk poo. we tried a few knock-off brands but they just never seemed to fit the best.

we would get our huggies at Sams Club. they had the cheapest diapers, even after we paid for the membership. TRU/BRU is SO expensive and it really only compares after you buy so many boxes and get the coupon thing. and i would just rather pay less all the time then mess with that. other stores didn't always have the largest box in stock, which is so much cheaper to buy.

we did try the target brand since we got a bunch free from my aunt...they were ok, definately had to change DS a bit more often, so not sure if it was actually cheaper.

this time around we are trying cloth! i'm so scared about trying it, esp since most ppl IRL are not that supportive of it. hopefully it works! I have the twins birth to 12/15 lbs stash picked out. it should be about $300...hopefully we make out ahead on it! if it can fit them until 3 months, it's about $50 per kid per month...which I figure is easily under the price of disposables per month for a newborn.
Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
January 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
cheryl22's Avatar Veteran
What brand are you buying (or did you buy)? Pampers and luvs
Will you get the cheapest or ones you have coupons for? We buy what evers cheapest between the two. We have found for us BJs is the best bang for your buck.
Will you only get one brand? No I will use anything but i really like pampers and luvs
Are you going to cloth diaper or disposable diaper? I would try cloth but DH wants to do Disposable. But i still have plenty of time to try to get him to at least try cloth.
Share your diaper stories
January 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What brand are you buying (or did you buy)? With DS we used the Costco brand, they are good and cheaper. Once he moved to 2 or 3s we started using Huggies from Costco, which is much cheaper than the store.

We go to Costco, so if they have coupons we will buy a bunch of boxes

No

Disposable -, many Daycare's don't do cloth.

January 27th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom View Post
this time around we are trying cloth! i'm so scared about trying it, esp since most ppl IRL are not that supportive of it. hopefully it works! I have the twins birth to 12/15 lbs stash picked out. it should be about $300...hopefully we make out ahead on it! if it can fit them until 3 months, it's about $50 per kid per month...which I figure is easily under the price of disposables per month for a newborn.
There's a cloth diaper forum on here with very helpful people. I don't remember if you've been in there yet or not, but you should check it out. This will be my first time using cloth as well and it's intimidating, but I am excited about it.
.:Shortcake:. likes this.
January 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
There's a cloth diaper forum on here with very helpful people. I don't remember if you've been in there yet or not, but you should check it out. This will be my first time using cloth as well and it's intimidating, but I am excited about it.
thanks...i had been there before, but I need to go there more often...there are so many questions about CD that i still have!
Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
January 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was pregnant with Scarlett I bought diapers as we went along. I bought them all at WalMart using coupons and sales. There were a few good things about this: Walmart has allowed us to exchange the sizes as she has grown so much faster than I thought and my husband did not like pampers as he said they leaked so we exchanged them for huggies with no issues.

Many of my friends said that the Target brand diapers are awesome for the price so when we run out of diapers here I will try them.

I am glad I stocked up on tons of diapers as I still have enough for at least a few more months! Another friend of mine got a Walmart gift card and when she was pregnant would put $ on the card every few weeks. By the time her baby was born she had enough money on there that she did not have to worry about the cost of diapers for over a year!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I have been trying to stock up on different sizes of diapers. So far all what I have been buying is huggies. I have been buying them as they are on sale or when I have a coupon. I am going to wait to see what works best for Cody to see if I stay with just huggies.
missy123 likes this.
January 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We used Pampers at first, but then we switched to the Up & Up (Target) brand. They work just as well for us as the brand name, but they're cheaper.
January 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We have done huggies for all our kids. I have tried pampers but their butts just don't like anything but huggies. Not to crazy about the pure and natural to be honest but snug and dry and snugglers are great. I got the coupons from huggies.com it helps so much. Thanks for posting the link Katie.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 28th, 2012, 08:46 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
We cloth diaper. We used disposables for a couple of weeks because people gave us disposable diapers. We didn't have any newborn cloth diapers because we got 2 disposable diaper cakes from my baby shower and we were not going to waste the disposables just because they were out of the package. Marsi fit better in the Pampers than the Huggies. I think Luvs were our favorite of the disposables.

As far as our cloth diapers, I bought a few different kinds. I have 6 Sunbaby AIO pockets and 1 Blueberry AIO pocket. They are okay. They seem to leak more often than the others. I also have (and love) Flip diapers and Econobum diapers. I don't use the flip inserts, but use regular prefolds with them and love it! They don't leak at all. DH is going to buy me some more Flip covers because they work so well. I might even get the flip potty training diapers when Marsi gets older.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 29th, 2012, 05:24 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Both girls were using pampers, but then I switched to them using luvs or up and up brand during the day at least to save some money on diapers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search