Log In Sign Up

L&D last night (also posted in DDC)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,249
So the last couple of days I've had swelling in my legs and feet, then yesterday in my hands. Not terrible, but because I'm higher risk they like me to keep an eye on things. And swelling can be very normal in pregnancy. But yesterday I also had a headache that would go away with Tylenol, but then come back. So I figured I'd go to bed early and hopefully both the swelling and headache would be better. Well I woke up after just a couple of hours (not sure if it was because I had to pee or because LO was rolling like crazy). Still had the headache and swelling and then felt like my blood sugar was low (feeling light headed), tested and my sugar was normal. So I took a couple of Tylenol and had a spoonful of peanut butter (just in case my sugars were dropping) and a little milk. Sat down to see if I felt better and re-read the info they gave me on when to call. After 1/2 an hour I still wasn't feeling to good and decided I'd better call and see if they thought I should go in then, or if it could wait until my doctor's office opened. She looked up my history and went over how I was feeling and thought just to be on the safe side I should come in. So I called DH (he works nights) and told him I was going in and that our DS (he's 21) was home with DD (plus DH would be home in a little over an hour at that point.
Got to L&D, got checked in and hooked up to the monitors. Baby was wiggling so it was hard for her to get the HB monitor on her because she'd move and the nurse would have to move it. BP was a little high 148/97, but not in the range they'd freak out the nurse said. So I also gave a urine sample and blood sample so they could test those (both came back good after an hour). My blood pressure dropped a little, but for the couple hours there it didn't come into the good range, close but not all the way, but it was headed there. And since my lab work came back good the doctor came in did an u/s to check baby and the fluid (both were good) and said I was probably dehydrated (the nurse did have a hard time getting blood from my veins). And then I was discharged.
DH thinks I probably over did it the last couple of days with getting the nursery ready (which wasn't a lot of physical stuff, but I was on my feet more than I have been).
So moral of the story - stay hydrated ladies.

Reply With Quote
January 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 14,409
So glad that everything was ok with you and baby. and yes definitely take it easy and drink lots of water.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
Reply With Quote
January 30th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,364
Glad everything was okay. Get lots of rest and water. I have a hard time with that sometimes.
Aug. 21 2012
Mar. 31 2013
Reply With Quote
January 30th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delaware (the state!)
Posts: 7,513
So glad that everything was okay!
4/2008 8/2011

Reply With Quote
January 30th, 2014, 02:14 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,594
So happy to hear that everything turned out to be just fine! Make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids! Thinking of you!
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Chad & Lindsey~Furbabies Bella & Oliver
Reply With Quote
January 30th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,249
Thanks all. Yes today I'm just hanging out (we have no activities) watching some shows with DH while the carpet guy puts the new carpet in DD and baby's rooms. I've been upping my water and have a nice glass of iced tea here with me now. I got some good sleep after getting home last night, slept in this morning, and DH is even making me a fire so I can be cozy on the couch

Reply With Quote
January 31st, 2014, 06:48 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,235
You poor thing. You have so much stress, which is probably contributing to things. Try to stay off those feet!
Leia 42 yrs young

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0