ER visit

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I went to the ER last night because i was crampy, contracting and hadn't felt any fetal movements in about an hour and a half. Everything is okay thank God! I did have to get an IV and 2 shots in my arm to slow/stop the contractions. The first shot didn't do much at all and they thought i was going to have to stay 24 hours for a magnesium drip. Luckily the 2nd shot did the trick. Baby girl was fine. She started moving around a bunch shortly after we got to the hospital. They still did NST's and BPP's and all was well with those. I'm on bed rest until my dr appointment tomorrow. Then, we will see what she says about everything. Mostly just a really scary night but everything turned out okay.
April 29th, 2016, 06:34 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How terrifying. Let us know what the Doc says today. I'm glad you went to the ER; peace of mind and a good precaution. Was baby girl just sleeping maybe? At this point she might be establishing a sleep schedule.

Keep us posted.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 30th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
She must have been resting. Like you mentioned, establishing her sleep cycles. We aren't sure what caused the contractions. I keep hearing "dehydration" but I feel strongly that this isn't the case. I drink lots of water. Probably over a gallon a day! I even throw some Gatorade in there for electrolytes. I wont hesitate to go back to the hospital if those type of contractions start up again. I think it may have more to do with stress than anything else. I've been stressing a lot lately. Well, and it's hard to relax with a toddler in tow.

The Dr didn't put me on bed rest but told me to keep hydrated and take it easy. She also said I may have a really sensitive uterus which could cause contractions..? Anywho, things seem to be calmer ever since the ER visit. I do still get contractions but they aren't as alarming as the ones I was having the other night. Baby girl has been doing good with her kick counts at home. Of course that leaves me with some peace of mind. It's hard not to stress out when we are so close to the end of this pregnancy. Just a few more weeks.

I have more appointments coming up with my high risk Dr and my regular OBGYN. I'll let y'all know how those go.

May 8th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a scare! I'm glad all is okay. Please keep us posted. Hugs
May 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Scary! I am so glad things are ok now. Stress could definitely be the culprit!

July 18th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Veteran
Glad to hear baby is well! My husband thinks its insane to go to the ER 'just in case'.... Thankfully I haven't needed it yet! With my second pregnancy I couldn't have any sugar and even had to limit fruit because it would cause contractions and I 'lost my plug' way early because of preterm labor before I figured it out. Now I'm super careful with watching how what I eat affects my pregnancy because of my 'irritable uteris'.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search