Ready for Summer?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2016, 04:31 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where is everyone these days? Seems like we've all been so busy!

We are fighting the Oh So Miserable, God Please Help Me, No Good, Terrible Twos. Colt is a MISERY right now. He is living in Opposite world. You tell him to do something and he laughs and does the opposite. Kicking, hitting, punching, screaming, crying, breaking, ripping, stomping, climbing, running away. Repeat. Up at 6 AM, short nap at 12 PM, wired until 10 PM. I'm exhausted.

Time out? Hahaha! Surely you're joking. Spanking? That's a fun game! Baby Gates? He can climb over three foot fences now. Door locks, gate locks, dead bolts, door handles of every kind were figured out long ago. We had to actually screw shut a utility closet. That's right. SCREW IT SHUT, so no one can get in.

Play outside to tire him out? Sure! We do that for HOURS. He runs into the chicken coop and gets covered in chicken poop. Runs into the woods and gets covered in ticks. I bring him back inside the house, screaming, and give him a bath. So he gets at least two baths a day. Sometimes more. It's a good thing I was laid off from my job two months ago. I don't have time to work.

Rant over. I love my child. But boy oh boy is he a handful. How's everyone else's LO doing?

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
June 9th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Whew, I am exhausted just reading that! He is a cutie! I never had the terrible two stage with the girls, they didn't hit it until 3. It wasn't fun. Addy is about to turn 4 and is so defiant and tests us on just about everything. Luckily, she seems to do a better job at listening when she is in school.

Reagan just finished up her last day of 1st grade yesterday. The last 3 days were kind of a joke...lol! They had a pizza party, an ice cream party, played outside, etc. But, at least they were being occupied at school She will be going to a cheer camp in a couple of weeks for 4 days. She also has two weeks of camp at her dance studio and a week at the daycare that Addy and Kaeden go to. Other than that, she will be with my MIL the rest of the summer. She has really grown over the past year and has learned to read, although she really struggled with it, and still does a little bit. WE will work on that throughout the summer. Math comes a little easier for her and she seems to love science and animals.

Addy is about to turn 4. She is so smart, ahead of pretty much everything at school. She is in the 4 year old room and has been for about 6-8 weeks. The teacher couldn't believe how quickly she picked everything up. She picks it all up at home too, both good and bad...lol! She loves to sing and dance and entertain. She starts pre-K at her current school in the fall, but will keep going there to their camp throughout the summer.

Kaeden is 17 months in a couple of days. He has had tubes put in this week and did great. He is such a happy kid. He didn't seem to be bothered by coming out of anesthesia and just looked around and drank his water. He was himself within an hour or two. He climbs on everything, he bites which is not fun, and he is such a hugger. He loves his trucks/cars, blocks, and Mickey Mouse. He is with my MIL a couple of days a week and at daycare the rest. He will likely go to full time daycare in a few weeks when he moves up to the next room. They should have a spot available for him.

This summer, we are going to the beach here and there on the weekends, going to a family reunion in the south, and other than that not doing much.

Addy's fashion sense

Kaeden loving school

Reagan during dance pics

June 9th, 2016, 02:51 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are BUSY with those three! So many of my friends have said the same thing; their kids listen better at school/daycare than at home. My older child was NOT an example of this until now. Now that he's 10, he pretty much does what ever he thinks is best, regardless of what he's told. It's really annoying.

I love the Addy's outfit! How is Reagan doing with the curriculum in your school?
humnck likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
June 10th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I guess I'm not ready. There's so much I want done but I can't do it myself. Example: we have a sand box I want hubby to remove and craigslist. I can't deal with it bc then T will want to play in there if he sees me messing with it! The garden needs attention- and I feel like I just can't give it what it needs, same with the weeds. And, I'm still waiting for baby! I really thought this baby would come early like T did. But I guess he/she has their own plans
June 20th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
How is Reagan doing with the curriculum in your school?
She is doing ok, she really struggled at the beginning with the reading, but the school was great. They caught that she was and she and a few other kids were in a group that got extra help. She only needed a little help. She didn't get top grades, but she did well overall. I just wish they weren't so focused on testing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search