Hi Everyone I am new here...Think I might m/c

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Regular
First let me start by saying hello to everyone. I have never had a m/c. I think I am experiencing one now and I really need some advice....

Here's some background...

I am supposed to be 8 weeks pg with my second child (i have a 5 year old daughter) we were ttc for about 6 months before this pg happened. A few days ago I started having a light pink discharge that was only visible when I wipe. I went yesterday to have an u/s (transvaginal) and they found my gestational sac but could not see a baby there. The tech told me perhaps I am not as far along as I thought. We could not get a hold of my Dr to read the results so I go in today to find out exactly what the sono ment. However, since the u/s the bleeding has gotten a little worse (still only when i wipe but it's a little brighter) and I have had a dull pain in my lower back, which eased after tylenol last night, but is back again. My back always hurts, I have back problems but this feels a lil different.

My questions are...

Could the spotting have just gotten a little worse b/c of the u/s probing around?

Has anyone had spotting or an u/s two months after their LMP and them NOT see a yolk?

How many days can you spot lightly like this leading up to a m/c with no abdominal cramping?\

If I am beginning to m/c is there ANYTHING they can do about it?

I'm sorry to just barge onto your boards and ask so many questions but I am really scared and wondering if I should call my dr and get in earlier (I go in at 1 and it 9am now) or if this sounds like it may NOT be a m/c. I am so scared. I want this baby so much, as I know a lot of you understand.

If you made it this far thanks so much for listening and I appreciate whatever advice I can get!

TIA!

Gabrielle
September 20th, 2006, 08:22 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're in so much uncertainty right now. I'll take a shot at your questions:

Spotting can start/increase after an internal u/s.

I haven't had any spotting, so can't be of help on this one.

Some women spot their entire pg and deliver a healthy baby. Some women don't spot at all and still m/c. With my first m/c, I started spotting at 4w, which turned almost immediately into a full m/c. With my second m/c, we found out we'd lost that baby when we went in to see the h/b. No spotting or problems to clue me into it. Every pg, even for one woman, is different, so this is just my experience.

It depends on the reason for the m/c. Occasionally they can give you progesterone supplements if your progesterone is too low, or put you on bedrest, but there are no guarantees. Generally, if you're going to m/c there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Unless your bleeding is severe, you're probably OK waiting for your appointment at 1:00. If you have enough bleeding to soak at least one pad/hour, then you need to get help immediately.

I pray that everything works out well for you. If you do happen to m/c, JM has a wonderful Pregnancy Loss board that I highly recommend. The support there is wonderful. But I hope that you never need to join that group.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Regular
Quote:
I'm sorry you're in so much uncertainty right now. I'll take a shot at your questions:

Spotting can start/increase after an internal u/s.

I haven't had any spotting, so can't be of help on this one.

Some women spot their entire pg and deliver a healthy baby. Some women don't spot at all and still m/c. With my first m/c, I started spotting at 4w, which turned almost immediately into a full m/c. With my second m/c, we found out we'd lost that baby when we went in to see the h/b. No spotting or problems to clue me into it. Every pg, even for one woman, is different, so this is just my experience.

It depends on the reason for the m/c. Occasionally they can give you progesterone supplements if your progesterone is too low, or put you on bedrest, but there are no guarantees. Generally, if you're going to m/c there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Unless your bleeding is severe, you're probably OK waiting for your appointment at 1:00. If you have enough bleeding to soak at least one pad/hour, then you need to get help immediately.

I pray that everything works out well for you. If you do happen to m/c, JM has a wonderful Pregnancy Loss board that I highly recommend. The support there is wonderful. But I hope that you never need to join that group.[/b]

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I did call my dr and I am going in in an hour. Again, I appreciate your help and I will keep you posted.. Thanks again...
September 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
First let me start by saying hello to everyone. I have never had a m/c. I think I am experiencing one now and I really need some advice....

Here's some background...

I am supposed to be 8 weeks pg with my second child (i have a 5 year old daughter) we were ttc for about 6 months before this pg happened. A few days ago I started having a light pink discharge that was only visible when I wipe. I went yesterday to have an u/s (transvaginal) and they found my gestational sac but could not see a baby there. The tech told me perhaps I am not as far along as I thought. We could not get a hold of my Dr to read the results so I go in today to find out exactly what the sono ment. However, since the u/s the bleeding has gotten a little worse (still only when i wipe but it's a little brighter) and I have had a dull pain in my lower back, which eased after tylenol last night, but is back again. My back always hurts, I have back problems but this feels a lil different.

My questions are...

Could the spotting have just gotten a little worse b/c of the u/s probing around?

Has anyone had spotting or an u/s two months after their LMP and them NOT see a yolk?

How many days can you spot lightly like this leading up to a m/c with no abdominal cramping?\

If I am beginning to m/c is there ANYTHING they can do about it?

I'm sorry to just barge onto your boards and ask so many questions but I am really scared and wondering if I should call my dr and get in earlier (I go in at 1 and it 9am now) or if this sounds like it may NOT be a m/c. I am so scared. I want this baby so much, as I know a lot of you understand.

If you made it this far thanks so much for listening and I appreciate whatever advice I can get!

TIA!

Gabrielle[/b]
Gabrielle,

I am sorry you are going through all this. Hopefully your doctor will give you some good news. I think at this point it is possible that you are having an mc but it is also possible that everything will be OK.

Internal ultrasounds can make spotting worse.

I have never had the experience of not seeing a yolk sack at an ultrasound but I do have experience with spotting. You can spot for even a couple of weeks without abdominal cramping (I did with my first pregnancy which ended in a missed mc). But please remember that lots of women have episodes of spotting in early pregnancy and go on to have perfectly healthy babies.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent an early mc.

I hope everything is fine and I will be thinking of you and your baby. Please feel free to PM me if you would like.

Margo

September 21st, 2006, 10:23 PM
babydollz_676's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydollz_676
i had some pink streaking when i wiped a few times early on in this pregnancy but i didn't get an u/s until i was 11 weeks.if your less than 8 weeks then that could be the reason they don't see a baby.try and relax and see what the dr says before getting too concerned about it.good luck!
dd~1
September 22nd, 2006, 01:35 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had two misscarriages. Both very different. The first one I started bleeding lightly and then the bleeding got heavy and over the course of the week I lost the baby. I was 7wks 3 days. My second misscarriage I was 7wks 6 days pregnant when I misscarried and I had had bleeding off and on for a few days then I got terrible pains and passed the baby. With my first pregnancy I spotted at 8 weeks and went on to have a healthy baby boy. I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search