I had my baby girl!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I know I didn't post much in here while I was pregnant, but I found it almost too hard to visit this board..... Anyway on October 26 @ 1.01am, my precious little girl was born, via c/s - weighing 8lb4oz, 51cm long & a head circ of 37cm...

I was due on October 12, October 24 I went in for an induction - day one failed to make any progress, so first thing in the morning on the 25th we started again - by 4pm that afternoon there was still no progress, so I opted to have a c/s on the morning of the 26th.

My midwife left around 4.30pm on the Wednesday..
5.30pm I lost my plug...
9.30pm my waters broke - and there was meconium present, so off to the L&D ward I went for monitoring... by that stage the prostin gel they had used to try and induce me had begun to work - ALLLLLL at once, and I was in unbearable pain... and 30 mins on the CTG machine showed I wasn't in labour by any means. I pretty much demanded to have c/s that evening, becuase I was so worried that Gaby was in distress, and that if something wasn't done immediately, I would lose her... I couldn't handle waiting until the morning when I was scheduled for my c/s, and then finding out that something had happened to Gaby.... so around 12.15 I was wheeled toward the theatre room...... took 25 minutes to get my drips etc in, because my veins decided they would run away (had bruises all over me - and still have one huge one on my arm - 3 weeks later!)........

but it all seemed to slip my mind, when at 1.01am, I heard the first beautiful cries from my baby girl.............

Gaby is now 22 days old, and growing like a weed. As of Tuesday she weighed 9lb4oz (4200g) and measured 56cm.... she grew 5cm in TEN days!

Thank you all for your support on the odd occasion when I did post on this board... And best of luck to all of you with your pregnancy's... I never ever thought the day would arrive when I would hold my own healthy baby in my arms - but it did come, so never doubt it'll happen for you too...

November 17th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Congratulations! She's so adorable!! I can't wait until I get to show pics of my jellybean to you all!

November 17th, 2006, 02:49 PM
thanks sweety

November 18th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

November 19th, 2006, 01:59 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, she is so sweet!
November 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM
thank you I have to say, I think she is pretty sweet too

November 20th, 2006, 02:20 PM
blessd2mothr4
Awww, Congratulations!!!!
November 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
MomE212's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomE212 Send a message via MSN to MomE212 Send a message via Yahoo to MomE212
OMG she is Beautiful!! Congrats and take care of yourself. Keep us posted on how motherhood is going.

I have been Hit by the the 2006 Snowball: MarineWife906 2, Tatfox 1, mommyagain 1, doornail_dorothy 1Surprise Mama 1,<span style="color:#CC0000"> lydsnrobs1stbaby 1
November 21st, 2006, 01:54 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl.

November 22nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
thanks !

Gaby is a month old today! I cant' believe it

November 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
congratulations

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04