When did you feel comfortable enough to tell everyone?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2007, 12:28 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
did you wait awhile or share the news right away when you got your bfp?

I tried to keep it quiet....I called my mom first, after telling Mick of course...lol, then posted on JM ( the ttc after a loss gals were driving me nuts for updates! lol) Somehow things just spun out of control, and almost everyone in the family knows now, well my family in NJ anyway.....

November 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
after my m/c was hesitant to tell anyone right away. Told my Parents and my boss but that was it until I hit the 12 week mark. Had to tell the boss cause I work in the security industry and am not allowed to be on the road at that point anymore.

November 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told immediate family at about 10 weeks and other people after the first trimester. There's nothing wrong with telling people sooner, though. You have every right to be super excited!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I told my close family & friends pretty much as soon as I found out, and then other family when I was closer to 12w

November 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still haven't told some of my family. I just told my Mom and Dad and my sister just found out. One girl at work told me she knew I was so I admitted it at eight weeks. After about a week the whole office knew and I was really mad. I didn't want everyone to know and I made it clear that it was because of my previous losses so I was pretty pissed off abou that. I am still mad! I still haven't told my boss though. I want to wait to tell ppl until after our u/s and apt at 13 weeks. Then I will go nuts and tell the whole world.
November 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM
prush02's Avatar Veteran
I waited to tell family until 12 weeks. I didn't tell work and friends until I was 20 weeks and really couldn't hide it anymore. But feel free to tell anytime you are comfortable!!!!

thanks Duckie for my siggie
November 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I told DH that night, and we told our parents and our closet friends (a husband & wife). They were my support system and I figured if I was going to worry they were going to worry with me! We officially made it public after my 2nd u/s at 12 weeks.
November 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to wait....but I also need a support system, and they were the perfect choices....lol
I told them we're all in this together & to keep praying for this little one!

November 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I told a couple of close friends right away. I waited to tell my family until we had an u/s with a heartbeat. I couldn't bear the thought of telling my mother I was pregnant again just to miscarry. She took me losing Cora hard enough. But I felt so good about it after seeing Erin's heartbeat, but I called her and then everyone knew! lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search