What are my chances of miscarriage??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
gah! I hate I am being so obsessive. I feel like I am so close to being in the clear. I had a really good u/s on Wednesday and baby was moving all around with a good heartbeat (they don't count the bpm at the RE office for some reason). I was 11 weeks 3 days. I still can't help being afraid of another miscarriage again though. I have never made it this far in development before and it is kind of uncharted ground for me. I lost my last baby around 8 weeks, but I didn't know until 12 weeks. Anyway, does anyone know what my chaces of m/c are now?? So sorry I am being obsessive. I really thought I would be able to relax by now

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
November 16th, 2007, 08:49 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we all know that it's possible to lose a baby at any stage, but I'm pretty sure your chances of miscarriage are pretty low at this stage. Try to let your really good ultrasound ease your mind a bit. You are almost out of the first trimester. Hang in there, girl.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 16th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure of the statistics but they are very low and i will bet that you feel better once youve cleared that 12 week hurdle.

November 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB told me at 10 weeks if you see a h/b you have a 97% chance of having a baby. Not sure where she got those stats but hope it helps you too feel better.
November 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB told me at 10 weeks if you see a h/b you have a 97% chance of having a baby. Not sure where she got those stats but hope it helps you too feel better.
November 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
while sadly a loss can occur at any stage of pregnancy, my midwife told me that if all is going well at 10 weeks, the chances of m/c are less than 5%

.. it took me a LONG time to believe that I was actualy going to HAVE my baby... but she's now coming up 13 months!

November 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Veteran
I was actually told that once a good h/b is established (even like at 6 or 7 weeks) the chances of miscarriage are like 8%. Then I heard that the next milestone is 13 weeks when you get out of the first trimester and then the next is 16 weeks. The chances of losing a baby after 16 weeks is like only 1 or 2%.

So try to relax and take it one week at a time. We've all been there. But it really helps to take it one week at a time. It just seems much more managable then thinking of the whole pregnancy. At some point, you'll start to relax some and it becomes more fun rather than stressful. Hang in there!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search