Log In Sign Up

Kenslies Journey. IC and Calcification. Keep your heads up HR mommies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
So I've been wanting to share our story for some time to maybe help those going through it and those in similar situations get past some of that fear I remember going through

I was 22 when I found out I was 8w April 2012. I'm 23 now and this was my first pregnancy! You can imagine how scared and absolutely clueless I was. I hadn't ever worked much but decided to get a job at a local dock cafe waitressing. Which means on my feet and a lot of sweating!

Everything was good until the 20 week visit when the US nurse called my doctor down to look at something. My doctor then called in the HR OB to look. They found my cervix was funneled and thinning and there seemed to be some lines in the placenta. They said the placenta part didn't look worrisome but we'd keep an eye on the funnel. Since it was only at a 3.0 and not as bad they changed my appointments to every two weeks with cervical US and OB visit right after. It was slowly going down and it wasn't until it hit 2.5 that the doctor recommended light bedrest and I changed jobs to a siy down.

Things were still good and I was too young and naive to really understand it. At 26w the US nurse was acting a little different (they are not allowed to tell you if they think anything is wrong but it's easy to pick up on once you've had about ten ). She called my OB in and they found my body was trying to go into early labour. I was lucky I had an appointment that day or I wouldn't have realized what was happening. They wheeled me down to the L&D and got me set up on the monitors to watch and see if it was really about to happen. An hour later two nurses and another doctor came in and set me up on an iV and wheeled me to a private room. They said it was happening but slowly and they were going to try and stop it. So I was on IV fluids and antibiotics incase she did come. I stayed in the hospital three days, they had given me procardia to stop the contractions and even the steroid shot to help her grow a bit more incase it all went down. When they finally let me go I was on strict bedrest (15 min showers, embarrassing wheelchair rides at Walmart and limited stairs, and I lived in a two story lol). My fiancé was working on the road so I was home alone with my dog and scared out of my mind along with bored! I still wasn't 100% on if it was really bad, everything felt okay and though my OB said I probably wouldn't make it to 32 weeks she still seemed hopeful.

I was on weekly appointments after that. And laying around I felt how weak I was getting everytime I got up or walked or had to sit up. Every other week I was slowly effacing. I surprised everyone by getting to 32 weeks with only one trip to the L&D ER on false labour but where the test for me going into labour that week was positive. They still sent me home and nothing happened that week. I made it all the way to 37 weeks and my OB and nurse always exclaimed they couldn't believe it. By then I was 90% effaced and dilated to a 3 (still on the procardia which I know got me that far). I probably could have made it full term but they had ran a test and called back that evening to tell me they were inducing that Friday, two days! They said my placenta was calcifying and baby's growth was slow and not to mention my BP was going up and down since 35 weeks and they were scared of PreE.

On 12-21-12 (yes Doomsday lol) after six hours waiting in the L&D room and only 30 minutes of pushing, I had a beautiful healthy 5lb 7ounce baby girl. And the best part was she didn't have to go to the NICU like we had been planning would happen. We had been told by everyone 35 weeks was a reach and she'd probably have a stay in the NICU awhile. But somehow we defied the odds. I can only think the fact they caught it early and put me on bedrest and medicine was the result. I know this isn't the hardest or most terrifying story out there but I know a lot of women are going through this and they should know there is a possibility of them getting far enough along to not be as scared. So just keep your heads up and think positively!

Kens is now almost four months and as far as we know very healthy. We had a bad case of Jaundice in the first couple of months but that passed. We now have to have her on soy formula which wasn't in my plan but she's gaining weight and interacting with us more every day!
Reply With Quote
April 28th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,598
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure many moms will find it helpful.
Mom to M (6), K (4), and little rose (18 months)
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0