Trying to stop thinking about my dr apt Firday!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
missa3428's Avatar TTC#1 I want 2 b a MOMMY
Hey ladies! I am trying to think positive...I was wondering if you ladies can give me some positive things about having PCOS and taking MET!

It would be greatly appreciated!
October 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol If you haven't seen any of my other posts...I think I'm new poster child for Metformin. lol

Having had messed up cycles and infertility for 13 years...Metformin really was a Godsend!! It completely changed my life. yes, I had horrible stomach and bowel issues for the first 4-5 weeks while getting adjusted, but then....most of my PCOS symptoms started going away. I have 30-31 day cycles (when not pg. or bf'ing). Unwanted facial hair is almost nil; acne is scant and only right before my period or while pg. The dark ring around my neck is gone. It was SOOOOO worth it. I stay on it all the time (even while pg. and bf'ing as it helps maintain pg., prevent gestational diabetes and increase milk supply).

I was a little worried that my endo wouldn't put me on it back in 2003 because I wasn't really that insulin resistant....only showed slightly elevated with the 3 hour, not the other tests. But thankfully, he did and it's been so worth taking it.

Feel free to pm me anytime if I can help answer any questions that I might know.

October 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
WOW I read your Success story, I was telling DH about that and he said well then that makes me happy! We know it is going to be harder to get pg but we are ready! I will PM you when ever I need something but you gave me a lot of positive thought about it...I know this is sad but when I am feeling down about being diagnosed with PCOS I read your success story! Well at least this last week! I also like seeing that there are women that are pregnant on here that have it!

Thank you!
October 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
sportyboymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was SO HAPPY to be diagnosed with PCOS as crazy as that sounds. I knew something wasn't right with me for years. I remember having so much trouble as a teenager when my cycles were all crazy and acne was terrible. I was never "normal". Getting a diagnosis and then taking Met has helped me feel normal. For the most part, my body works the way it's supposed to now. My acne cleared up, the facial hair isn't as bad. I FEEL better too...i can't really describe that one. Met also completely changed my food cravings. It also changed how I felt when i ate certain foods. It's a lot easier for me to lose/maintain weight. I can actually count on when AF is going to show up or not show up.

I just have a lot of relief "knowing" what I have and understanding why my body works the way it does. I don't feel wierd about myself or my symptoms and I'm not embarrassed to talk about having PCOS. I feel in control of myself and my medical care. I also love being taken seriously by doctors who know and treat PCOS. I wish you the best in your appt. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
October 19th, 2009, 08:11 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better once you know for sure, Melissa!

I'm like Dawn, poster child #2 for Metformin! I never really had any major side effects, but I am not generally sensitive to side effects in any drugs. Like I've said before, I've had occasional tummy issues that were totally my fault , and at the very beginning I got a weird taste in my mouth for 5 or 6 days, but that's about it. It is soooo worth the benefits- clearer skin, easier weight loss, less unwanted hair. I really bet you feel so much better once your body gets accustomed to it! I'm glad the success stories are helping you stay positive- that's what they're there for! It WILL happen for you, it just might take awhile! KUP after your appointment!!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
October 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrsgirl View Post
I was SO HAPPY to be diagnosed with PCOS as crazy as that sounds. I knew something wasn't right with me for years. I remember having so much trouble as a teenager when my cycles were all crazy and acne was terrible. I was never "normal". Getting a diagnosis and then taking Met has helped me feel normal. For the most part, my body works the way it's supposed to now. My acne cleared up, the facial hair isn't as bad. I FEEL better too...i can't really describe that one. Met also completely changed my food cravings. It also changed how I felt when i ate certain foods. It's a lot easier for me to lose/maintain weight. I can actually count on when AF is going to show up or not show up.

I just have a lot of relief "knowing" what I have and understanding why my body works the way it does. I don't feel wierd about myself or my symptoms and I'm not embarrassed to talk about having PCOS. I feel in control of myself and my medical care. I also love being taken seriously by doctors who know and treat PCOS. I wish you the best in your appt. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
Sounds like I should be excited to find out...I would rather have this then Cancer or something else...that is why I am so stressed...I have high blood pressure and have since I was 12-13 and I have acne...(thank goodness for pro-active) very oily skin, skin Tags, brown ring around my neck, Dandruff....went to a doctor for that and was told I have some skin problem have taken meds creams nothing...and I have skinny legs and arms but a big belly...Tried to lose weight and nothing! I lost 10 pounds and then I would gain even though I was on a Diet!
So I guess If I have PCOS all my questions of why I have this and that would be answered!

thank you
October 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyt View Post
I hope you feel better once you know for sure, Melissa!

I'm like Dawn, poster child #2 for Metformin! I never really had any major side effects, but I am not generally sensitive to side effects in any drugs. Like I've said before, I've had occasional tummy issues that were totally my fault , and at the very beginning I got a weird taste in my mouth for 5 or 6 days, but that's about it. It is soooo worth the benefits- clearer skin, easier weight loss, less unwanted hair. I really bet you feel so much better once your body gets accustomed to it! I'm glad the success stories are helping you stay positive- that's what they're there for! It WILL happen for you, it just might take awhile! KUP after your appointment!!!
Mandy! You always make me smile when I read what you write, I think I will be hapy to finally know what is wrong with me...I dont think I am nervous about finding you if I have PCOS it is more finding out that I have something else wrong with me!

wohoo it is TUESDAY and almost noon! So that means I am getting closer to Friday morning!
October 20th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was also very happy to be diagnosed with PCOS...I know it sounds weird, but it is what got me the help that I needed to be able to work towards getting my and I firmly believe that it was the metformin that got me my !! And after 14 months of trying the first time with no sucess it was definitely nice!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search