AF Still isn't here... Now what?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Okay, so I had hoped - given my last 2 cycles were 18 and 19 days - that AF would be here by now. No dice.

The ONLY times I have gone this long without spotting were my very first cycle off of BCP, and my 65 day long cycle.

If I have to wait another 42 days just to start my first Clomid cycle, I am SO going to cry! That would mean I won't even O until next YEAR!

And all of my AF symptoms are gone. I'm still having some cramping lower down on my right side, but thats it.

DH thinks I might have Oed, since I was having a lot more creamy CM than usual, but I don't think so...

What can I do? How long should I wait before phoning the doc to see if he can give me an RX to jump start AF? Are there any home remedies or something I can use to make her show?

Thanks girls...

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
November 1st, 2009, 12:22 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're still waiting Cheryl, trust me I know how un-fun it is. That stupid is just so dang unpredictable, it is hard to know what to do sometimes. And with PCOS, our progesterone can be so low after we DO ovulate, that it can sometimes be tough to know if we did at all. Personally, I would ask your doctor for progesterone to jump start a period. You still have to take it for 10-12 days, but better than waiting 40 or 50, no? KUP...

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
November 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks Mandy - maybe I'll call him tomorrow and ask if I can use my CD21 bloodwork to see if I Oed or not, and if not to see if I can maybe just start Clomid anyway. I've heard of girls starting it mid-cycle, so who knows?

- and -
November 1st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah I've heard of girls using it mid-cycle as well, but I would personally be nervous about doing that. I wouldn't want to hyper-stimulate any follicles that may already be developing and end up Octo-Mom the second! Plus you can risk developing bad cysts that way... you CAN ask for Prometrium instead of Provera though, which won't hurt any potential baby if you did in fact O. That way you're covered in both scenarios.

November 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Good to know Mandy, thanks!

I'm wondering how long I should wait to call... I mean, will he even do anything if I'm only this far into my cycle??? I don't think he will, except maybe send me for progesterone bloodwork to find out if I did O or not... When I was on day 54 of my 65 day cycle, he didn't even mention taking anything to make AF show up.

I just hope she shows on her own... If I don't start spotting tomorrow, it will be the only time since our very first cycle TTC that I haven't been spotting by CD24 - which doesn't sound like a good thing... I mean, by all other standards it would be - but for me, with my cycle history, it doesn't look good...

- and -
November 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
I would call and ask anyway, even if he hasn't brought it up. At CD 23 and no O, he should be willing to prescribe it if you want it. My doctor's rule is actually take it after CD21 if I haven't O'd, so the timing is pretty good overall. Because you have to wait 10-12 days more anyway. So I totally understand waiting and hoping she shows up sooner, but then again you'll be kicking yourself if the time passes anyway and still nothing. B) I hate PCOS!!

November 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
Sorry that you are going through this. I don't see the harm in calling your doctor. I think that you have the right to take control of your health, if you are knowledgable then he should at least listen to you. If he denies any of your request I'd surely want to know his reasoning. GL!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would call. Not gonna hurt anything and if you ask for something, he just might give you it. Sometimes Dr's are only willing to go as fast as you are willing to push them... KWIM?

There is always the good 'ol BD technique to try and get the to show... good luck!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

November 1st, 2009, 07:04 PM
Oh trust me, we've got the BD technique covered LOL

Well I might call tomorrow, but typically he doesn't talk to patients over the phone so I'll probably have to go in to see him.

I'm actually thinking I might have Oed today... I've been having cramps that feel like they're in my cervix all day now, and with the extra CM and the few other symptoms (I feel like NONE of my bras fit right now...), maybe thats why the AF symptoms disappeared - they were actually O symptoms, and it has just been so long I didn't recognize them! LOL

I did just have a strange pain on my right, which is where most of my cramping has been... SO either a very painful BM coming, a cyst burst but didn't hurt nearly as much as it is supposed to, or maybe - just maybe - I Oed.

Funny, because I normally don't O obviously BUT last time I did, I think it lined up with the full moon. That's tomorrow. Maybe my body was gearing up to O, but wasn't going to (as usual) - but then the full moon gave it that little extra "nudge" to open the follie and release the little egg?

We're going to BD again tonight just to be sure, after twice yesterday, so we'll see what happens... Maybe I'll be able to catch that eggie and never need the Clomid! Oh I'd be so happy to throw those pills away LOL

I think I'll go take one of my last couple OPKs now, just to see. Wish me luck!

(I probably wouldn't, just like I wouldn't get rid of my HPTs or ovulation microscope or preseed that are on the way, just in case... But mentally I would )

- and -

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search