Two for Tuesday

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What are the things your mom did while you were growing up that you are going to try deliberately to repeat with your own kids?

2. What was the first album you ever bought/owned?

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
November 3rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What are the things your mom did while you were growing up that you are going to try deliberately to repeat with your own kids? My mom did a lot of little things I already find myself doing with my nanny kids. My tone of voice, the specific words I use, the way I deal with impatience, etc. So that won't require any effort! There are a ton of little things she did that I want to do though... I remember when I was crying really hard in her lap, whether I was 4 or 18, she would always tuck the same strand of hair behind my ear over and over. Also, when we were kids she would pull each of us out of school one day a year for a 'date day' with her, and we got to pick everything we did- we would go out to eat, get ice cream, go shopping, go to the zoo etc. I loved that! I hope I am also as open as she has always been, and not hyper over-protective. And I really hope I can give my daughters the same healthy body image and relationship with food she gave me. She really broke a vicious cycle with that one!

2. What was the first album you ever bought/owned? Vinyl records- my mom's old ones... Sound of Music soundtrack and Michael Jackson Thriller. Tapes- New Kids on the Block and Boyz II Men! CD- Mariah Carey Music Box!! I listend to that thing EVERY morning when I was getting ready for school the year I was in 5th grade! Dreamlover, come rescue me...

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
November 3rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
1. What are the things your mom did while you were growing up that you are going to try deliberately to repeat with your own kids?
I'm happy that my mom taught us girls to be independant. I see so many of my friends from high school that are dependant on a man for money or housing and I am really glad that I don't have to be that way. Also, my mom always expected the best from us and she assured us that we could achieve anything that we were willing to earn.

2. What was the first album you ever bought/owned? Umm, I had a Care Bears record . . . other than that I had CDs. My very first one was a NKOTB, I think Step by Step, my older sister bought it for me.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 3rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
There are a lot of things my mother did that I definitely won't be repeating (hopefully) BUT, I'd love to make Christmas special for our kids, I'd love for them to get to know their grandparents as well as I did, and I would like to try to develop a good relationship with them that can grow into a friendship when they get older. That is one thing I love about my mom... She might not have been the best mom ever growing up (and not because she tried to be my friend, it was the opposite) but we have a good relationship now. She's my 2nd best friend, behind DH - I'd love for my daughter or son to have a relationship like that with their mom.

2. What was the first album you ever bought/owned? David Usher's first album, can't remember what it was called. Call me a geek, but I like "Alone in the Universe"

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
November 4th, 2009, 03:06 AM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What are the things your mom did while you were growing up that you are going to try deliberately to repeat with your own kids? Definitely that it's ok to have a opinion of your own. When it's different from someone else's, it doesn't mean it's wrong and dont be afraid to voice it.

2. What was the first album you ever bought/owned? Oh wow....lol I think it was either Spice Girls or Backstreet Boys. Oh yeah, teenie bopper stuff!
November 4th, 2009, 04:37 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. She always gave me my space and always trusted me (both parents actually). I didn't really have a curfew because she knew I wouldn't lie about where I was. She also taught me not to take crap from anyone.

2. My first tapes were Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer....CD I believe was Amy Grant (it was a gift)

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: