Weekly TTC w/PCOS Newsletter is here!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
TTC w/PCOS Weekly Newsletter - December 2nd, 2009!

Welcome to the first edition of the TTC w/PCOS Newsletter!

If you'd like your news featured in our newsletter, please PM me (Cheryl_W) with your important update!

In the news...

Big News & Special Arrivals :

Last Wednesday we had a very special new board member join us. Please welcome Annabelle Mae! Born to Bam and her hubby Will in the evening on Wednesday, November 25th. Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!

Also in the big news category... My own. At 12DPO, after 9 months of trying and one round of Clomid, I got my BFP! I still wish I could bring all of the TTC girls with me, but I'll be sticking around to cheer you on for sure. I couldn't imagine living without my JM family!

Around the Board:

This week we have a few things going on around the board...

Our chat host, Becky, has decided to step back due to many new commitments in her life. While she'll still be joining us at 11AM EST every Monday, we're looking for somebody who can fill those big shoes! Watch for a sticky soon from Twinkle requesting applications!

Also this week, we have a new Sister of the Week - Melissa! Feel free to stop by the SOTW sticky and ask your questions on Thursday, or watch her post pictures on Friday!

We're looking for a new suggestion for Book of the Month for December. We know the holidays are a busy time, so we may suspend it for this month. However, if you can think of a book you'd like to read with your cysters, let Mandy (mandyt) know of your suggestion and we'll get started!

Medications :

In the world of meds this week, Nikki will be soon getting her Clomid prescription. Lets all send her some O dust so she can either get her BFP, or move on to her first medicated cycle!

Melissa (missa3428) started Metformin on the 27th! 500mg for the first week, then moving up to 1000mg next week. She is hoping to lose 40-50 lbs before they start TTC again, so wish her luck ladies!

gonnatry also got her Metformin prescription approved by the doc, so she is getting a 3 month supply. Congratulations, and good luck!

Appointments :

Lots of news on the appointments front this week...

phillygal had an appointment to check her follies from her 250mg Clomid cycle, and was disappointed to find none at all... 2 hours later, the nurse called with her blood test results. It turns out, she ovulated on CD12! She'll be testing in a week. Good luck!

Kristen got her Endocrinologist appointment scheduled for February 5th at 7AM, but she is also on the cancellation list so lets hope for some traffic! *fingers crossed* She also just completed her first u/s appointment, and is awaiting the results! GL and KUP!

Kari had an u/s to check on her follies earlier this week, to find that there was one 14mm follie. Her RE's nurse recommended going ahead with the IUI, so hopefully she'll get that BFP - even though that is a stubborn follie! She is also making appointments with adoption lawyers and possibly agencies next week, so lets all wish her luck with finding someone who is willing to work speedily along to make her a mommy!

Jill had another perinatologist appointment this week, and it seems things are going better! Her cervix hasn't changed since last week, and little Lillian is now sticking her tushy down instead of her foot - which is good, because her tush won't fit! The doctors say that Lillian will be arriving early, but how early is the question. Jill is also now off of the Nifedipine, so she feels a lot better. Hooray for a good appointment! T&Ps to you, Joe & Lillian!

Kandie (dirtroads) also has an OB appointment on December 3rd (Thursday) so lets all be super supportive and send her good vibes!

Welcome Wagon :

A major TTC w/PCOS welcome to the following girls, who have joined us in the past week...

Amanda (sweetpea79)
Emma (Mummy2Mia)

If I missed your name here, I apologize - I skim through posts to find names I don't recognize, so if I missed you, welcome! Feel free to post an introduction so we can get to know you better.

Returning Cysters :

Becky O'Berry is back as well, after meeting her new Dr. She is beginning a Femara cycle next, so good luck and welcome back!

Ashley also posted momentarily, so I hope she's here to stay!

Special Resources & Links :

Special Thanks to Tammy for the following links on PCOS :

PCOS Self-Help Strategies and all-Natural PCOS Diet Book to Balance Hormones

Glycemic Index Table -

Low Glycemic Foods - A List for Weight-loss and Health

Weekly PCOS trivia question :

PCOS can cause a host of symptoms, but one of the key signs pointing to PCOS is excess facial and body hair in women. What is the technical term for excess facial or body hair on a woman?

(Answer will be here next week!)

TTC Joke of the Week!

You know you're TTC when...

- the Big 'O' no longer refers to orgasm, but instead to ovulation

- you show everyone who will look at your bbt charts

- every twinge is a potential sign: ovulation pain OR perhaps implantation

- it no longer strikes you as the least bit odd to check out at the pharmacy with both HPTs and tampons in your cart.

- you schedule your social events around your ovulation day

- if your OPK comes up +, you cancel all social engagements that night so you can BD & lie with your legs elevated and butt up in the air afterwards

- you talk using mysterious acronymns that only your ttc buddies understand: ttc, BD, ewcm, bbt, opk, 2ww

- your morning motto is: "Don't talk to me until I've taken my temperature"

- you take your temperature more than once a day (committed TTCer)

- you refuse to finish decorating that 3rd bedroom in your new house, because you can't stand the thought of getting it just the way you want it only to have to tear it apart next month in order to make room for the nursery you'll be needing.

- you put off buying any fall/winter clothes, because you hope they won't fit by the time the weather gets cooler.

- you clip coupons for OPKs and HPTs

- your doctor says, "Now take these home and inject this needle into your stomach every day" and you don't even flinch.

- you spend more on OPKs, HPTs, and fertility supplements than you do on clothes

- the thought of nausea makes your heart skip a beat!

- you make a mental note of what day of your cycle it is before you say "ok" to a drink

- you get sick but make sure you can take the medicine in case you are pregnant...and would rather stay sick if you can't take the medicine..

- you finally look forward to mornings! Another opportunity to take and record your temp!

- you refer (and think) of your husband, not as his real name, but as the letters "DH" in real life

- you suffer silently from Infertility Vision (IV) - defined as the ability to see pink lines that nobody else can see. It's a very common condition among POASers during the days leading up to the official test day.

Research is still being done, but at present there is no cure for it!

Announcements :

Next week, I'm hoping to include a "Special Thanks" section in our newsletter. If someone on the forum has committed a random act of kindness, helped you in some way, or gone out of their way to help you or improve your day some how, shoot me a PM. Send me a little message as if you're posting it yourself (keep it to a few lines, if possible!) to thank that person, telling who they are and why you're thanking them, and I'll include it in the newsletter next week with your name!

Join us next week for another edition of the TTC w/PCOS Newsletter!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -

Last edited by Cheryl_W; December 2nd, 2009 at 06:23 PM.
December 2nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this was so awesome!! thank you!
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

December 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this is great!!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 3rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW Cheryl, GREAT job!!!!!!! This is such an awesome way to help everyone keep up with each other!!! Five stars!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
December 3rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you!! This is great

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
December 3rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job!!! So much fun to read & great way to keep track of each other.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 3rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! What a great way to keep up with what all is going on!!!

December 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Thanks girls! Just don't forget to submit me all of your stories and news for next week, so I don't have to go looking... I'm trying to keep track, but now I can blame it on preggo brain so I might not remember everything!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
December 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Regular
Great job!! I love it.
December 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is great!
December 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome!!!

December 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This news letter is awesome Cheryl!!!
December 3rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 4th, 2009, 04:48 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great Cheryl!!!
December 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
cool, thanks for putting this together.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great job Cheryl!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search