Three for Thursday

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your current FAVORITE song?

2. Is your tree/decorations up yet? If yes, share a pic! If no, when will you be decorating?

3. What's your favorite healthy, homemade dinner on a busy night? Let's share some PCOS friendly ideas!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
December 3rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Do I by Luke Bryan

2. Yep and yep, but no camera around to take pics right now!

3. Lemon pepper chicken! Mmm...sounds good right now too!
December 3rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your current FAVORITE song? It's nothing but Christmas music for me in December! #1 always is Baby It's Cold Outside (the original by Dean Martin!). Every time I hear it it makes me want to curl up in front of the tree with some hot cocoa! I'm also REALLY loving the new Glee cast version of Last Christmas (AKA 'my sad birthday song'... ... my birthday's the day after Christmas!)

2. Is your tree/decorations up yet? If yes, share a pic! If no, when will you be decorating? UGH... why did I get myself started?? Tree is not up yet, and I'm feeling like it NEVER will be... traditionally I put it up the day after Thanksgiving, and we have tried several times, but we are SO BUSY DH and I are barely seeing each other, let alone having a chunk of time to find, buy, bring home, put up and decorate a tree!! Hopefully this Friday though... and decorations are at least out! I don't have a camera to share pics though.

3. What's your favorite healthy, homemade dinner on a busy night? Let's share some PCOS friendly ideas! Acorn squash stuffed with apples/raisins/chicken/brown sugar which I cook on the stove while the squash is baking!! A little brown rice on the side, and it's the perfect meal! YUMMY! We have got to start a recipe sticky...

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Last edited by MandyRS; December 3rd, 2009 at 01:51 AM.
December 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
missa3428's Avatar TTC#1 I want 2 b a MOMMY
1. What is your current FAVORITE song?
I would have to say "Do I" Luke Bryan

2. Is your tree/decorations up yet? If yes, share a pic! If no, when will you be decorating?
Nope and I dont know when I am going to Cali this weekend So I am not sure when I will get the chance!

3. What's your favorite healthy, homemade dinner on a busy night? Let's share some PCOS friendly ideas!
Fijitia Salad...mmmm With fatfree sour cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
1. Do I by Luke Bryan

2. Yep and yep, but no camera around to take pics right now!

3. Lemon pepper chicken! Mmm...sounds good right now too!
I dont read what everyone else writes on these till after I do mine and you and I love the same song! That song just makes me sad and happy but I LOVE IT! I even have it as my cell phone ring tone! Have you ever seen him in Concert...He is very good! I have seen him twice, and I will see him again!
December 3rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
1. What is your current FAVORITE song? I Gotta Feelin by The Black Eyed Peas - I LOVE that song!

2. Is your tree/decorations up yet? If yes, share a pic! If no, when will you be decorating? Oh yeah, they've been up for almost a month LOL - no camera around though

3. What's your favorite healthy, homemade dinner on a busy night? Let's share some PCOS friendly ideas! I used to be a very meat & potatoes kind of girl, so I do a lot of "Pork Chops & Asian Vegetables" or "Chicken Breast with Red Pepper Whole Grain Rice Pilaf" type things. Meat & veggies. I gotta say, my favourite for a busy night though - soup! I love pulling together a quick soup with pantry ingredients. I've done everything from potato soup and corn chowder to a cauliflower & leek soup (great low-carb alternative to potato & leek!) and new england clam chowder, all from scratch! I love making soup, its so easy, and if you use sweet potatoes - or no potatoes at all - you can keep it relatively low carb.

Some low carb soup tips:

- Use 2% milk instead of cream, and thicken with a rue... Save on fat, and very few carbs in 2 tbsp of flour and 1 tbsp butter.

- For soups that use potatoes, think of other veggies you can use. For example, cauliflower instead of potato in leek and potato soup. Other good potato alternatives - carrot, yam, sweet potato, and eggplant.

- Tomatoes are a very low GI food. For soups that use a cream base, consider whether changing it to a tomato base would be good or bad. Corn chowder? Not so good. Potato soup? Yes, it could definitely work! By eliminating the fat and carbs from the rue, you'll be saving calories!

- Try replacing rice or noodles with pearl barley. Not quite the same texture, of course, but a great substitution. Pearl Barley has a GI of 22, while white rice has a GI of 87, and white pasta has a GI of 54. You could save a substantial amount of carbs, just changing noodles or rice to barley!

- Beans are also a great alternative for soups, if you like them. Kidney beans and blackeyed beans are "middle of the road" when it comes to GI (about 50) but everything else is healthy and fair game!

Sorry, I guess I got totally side tracked there - but I love making healthy, hearty soups this time of year, and you can too! You don't even need a recipe. Just some vegetables, a soup base (water, broth, or cream), maybe some meat, and some imagination!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
December 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa - Haha nope I haven't seen him in concert, but would in a split second! Doesn't hurt that he looks yummy too lol shhh..dont tell DH!
December 4th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
1. What is your current FAVORITE song? I need you now by Lady Antebellum

2. Is your tree/decorations up yet? If yes, share a pic! If no, when will you be decorating? Not yet, probably not until finals are over!

3. What's your favorite healthy, homemade dinner on a busy night? Let's share some PCOS friendly ideas! Oh gosh, on busy nights I don't cook . . . which is an awful lot lately! We do lemon pepper chicken too, bake it in the oven with squash or potatos!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Dirtroads; December 4th, 2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search