Has anyone Ever on this board conceived naturally sucessful (no doctor)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Nayomi80's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone Ever on this board conceived naturally sucessful(no doctor) only using over the counter herbs& medicines& lots of prayer????? just wondering....

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Isaiah 25:8And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us
December 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Ladies I should of read the success stories before asking this ? LOL

Isaiah 25:8And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us
December 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
I did! My dd was all natural. We were just about to go the medical route when we found out that my DH was being deployed so we didn't and we got preggo, didn't even know it when he left!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually have conceived 3 times by myself...Well, not all by myself
But, I was only taking Prenatals.
Granted, the pregnancies didn't last, but it wasn't related to my PCOS.
December 5th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks ladies for replying to my ?

Mommyto4AngelBaby- praying for you, your own special pregnancy& baby very soon (btw) I use to be a Marine wife back in 2002 and use to live in Hubert& Jacksonville N.C. around that time too.... what branch is your dh in?

December 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much
We can both pray for each other, then
Oh, neat! Yea, my DH is Army-Infantry Airborne in the 82nd.
We are stationed @ FtBragg. It's Fayetteville,NC.
December 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to say it because I don't want to hurt anyone, but higher rates of miscarriage ARE associated with PCOS, and that is a hard fact anyone wanting to TTC naturally with PCOS needs to be aware of. Your likelihood of a 'weak' O (leading to an immature or overmature egg and/or progesterone deficiency) is MUCH higher than that of 'normal' women. TTC naturally if you'd like, but don't believe anyone who tells you loss is not associated with PCOS.

Simple treatments like Clomid and Metformin are eventually succesful (80-90%) in producing healthy pregnancies for MOST women with PCOS. You may get lucky like Kandie did, but your chances of losing a naturally conceived baby with PCOS are 45-65% (depending on what studies you read/believe). For me those chances are too high and the side effects of Clomid are mild enough to tolerate in exchange for a healthy baby. But it is an intensely personal choice, and as long as you are aware of the facts, it is yours and yours alone to make.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Last edited by MandyRS; December 6th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
December 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Gunner&BrodysMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have concieved my two naturally. Ditto that I had progesterone issues with both pregnancies and I am a firm believer that I was only able to carry them with the help of supplementation. But the actual getting pregnant we were able to do without medical assistance. I can only imagine how hard it must be for all those that have to go that route to get their miracle babies. My best wishes and prayers are with all of you.

Thank you to Vikki for my perfect siggy! again!

December 17th, 2009, 11:56 AM
vannie18's Avatar mommy of 3
I did! My first pregnancy was with medical assistant, after trying for 6 months, we became pregnant but we lost the baby at 18 weeks, so my husband and I were so traumatize by the experience that we decided to leave everything in God hands, well three years later, surprise I had my first BFP test without even trying, now I have my beautiful 20 month old son, and guess what? I'm 17 weeks pregnant right now again without help, well just my husband's
So I believe in miracles and that everything is possible, so never lose hope!!!

Vanessa
December 18th, 2009, 09:24 AM
thanks everyone for your answers...

Vanessa your story is uplifting

December 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't post here, but often lurk because I have PCOS. My baby girl was conceived all natural without met, clomid, or anything else.
Brief story. We tried 2.5 years and tried everything short of IVF. Met, clomid, femara, IUI, gonal-f...nothing ever worked.
We took some time off and I started exercising and eating Low GI foods. 4 months of that, I lost 35 lbs, and got my first AF without meds in years on Dec 5, 2008. We dtd ONCE that month. On Dec 26 I threw up, but thought it was carb overload from christmas. Dec 29, I got a bfp! It definitely can happen.

ETA: I was taking supplements. Cinnamon and chromium for insulin restistance. (met made me sick). Omega 3-6-9 for insulin resistance and ovarian health. I also stopped taking motrin because I read it could make your ovaries tough (omega 3 is also supposed to counteract that).

Last edited by ~Rae~; December 22nd, 2009 at 08:29 AM.
December 22nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First let me say that not all women with PCOS have a higher risk of miscarriage, it depends entirely on your specific case. Be cautious, but please don't overly stress about that.

That said, my first two were conceived naturally while TTA (it wasn't as bad yet then). My third was a Clomid baby and we just got another BFP. She's only 4 months old so having her may have set things straight for awhile. One member here (lemonhead I believe her name was) managed to get pregnant naturally and she only O'd once a year on her own. It does happen.

December 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend has PCOS and she had a cyst burst and had to go in for emergency surgery to drain it. The Dr told her she was absolutely infertile and would NEVER conceive. 3 weeks later, she conceived naturally WHILE using condoms. She was only taking Centrum vitamins here and there. She carried all the way through without assistance and now has a beautiful little carrot top (haha) that will be 2 in February. Since then she's been taking lots of probiotics (she swears by them and their health benefits for herself and her bfing baby). She just found out she's 5 weeks pregnant. Again, without medical assistance.
She's one of the women with PCOS and only has cysts as a symptom. I don't know if that means she's less affected or what though. I'm still learning about all of this.
December 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
thanks for answering my ? ladies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search