Very important, please read...

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I borrowed this from another board because she put it much better than I ever could so here it is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Silverla~ View Post
Recently there have been a few instances of trolls or fakers on a few of the boards at JM, and it's come to the admin team's attention that some members have stated they feel less secure here or have asked their hosts to step up security on their board.

Hosts have been asked to remind members that while JM forums are relatively secure and mostly drama-free, you need to be aware that this is still the internet and there is always going to be the possibility of a troll or a faker turning up on boards you post on.

Make sure you do not give out any personal details on the boards, even in the private areas. We have pms for that sort of thing if you trust and want to share with a particular member. You are also reminded not to post anything on JM that you're not happy for anyone to read.

Security on the private rooms is limited to having posting and time requirements members must fulfil prior to posting. JM hosts are not permitted to require members to post a "proof picture" for access to a private forum. Pictures can be edited and altered and are not, by definition, proof that someone is genuine. Private room passwords can only be changed once every six months. Members should not ask their hosts to do, or request, anything not in keeping with these guidelines as it puts the hosts in a difficult position.

I personally would also like to remind everyone that we are very lucky here on JM. We have an excellent, responsive and vigilant admin and moderation team. Trolls or fakers usually do trip themselves up eventually and you can be assured that the staff on this site monitor any suspicious activity closely from the moment it is reported. In addition we have a large number of hosts who will always press the "report" button if they see an odd post on their board. While it is not immune from trolls or fakers, JM is a relatively safe space for an internet forum.

If you EVER see anything that concerns you on the JM forums, please report the post using the "report" button straight away so the admins and moderators are alerted to it. My pm box is always open if you have any concerns or worries about the board or any activity on the board that do not necessarily warrant a "report".

Please post here to let me know you have read this important information.

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility

January 6th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
Very scary :/
January 7th, 2011, 06:09 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Thanks Amanda...I think it's a little ridiculous that people will go the extreme of stalking people - scary to think about!!

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 7th, 2011, 08:08 AM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Thanks for the info, interesting, but scarey.....
January 7th, 2011, 08:11 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*shakes head*
Such a shame!
Thanks for sharing!
January 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's a shame that some people have nothing better to do with their lives. BTW, I'm real!!!!

January 7th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
thats just wrong. But I do get the uncertainty of being stalked. My msn account was hacked and a woman ws pretending to be me. She knew alot of details about me. Like how I was scared that my son was starting school in september.. she even knew i was ttc. I had only told a hanful of ppl i was doing that and she knew all these intimate details. It was super creapy. I deleated everyone off the msn and blocked them all. Then i tried to close the account but it wouldnt let me cuz the person used a credit card to secure the email pretending to be me. So I changed the password and I hope shes gotten the hint to leave me alone and the reason i figure its a woman is cuz i dont think men are catty enough to learn all those details about a person and then try to pretend to be it to those ppls friends... but the internet sure is scary place at times.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search