wow friends disappear once prego

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
A friend of mine found out she was pregnant on dec 26th. She told me, we talked for a bit. I was excited for her, she had been ttc for 17 months. We had supported each other for quite a while with ttc. But since shes found out shes pregnant shes stopped talking to me.. Which i find hurtful. anyone else have this happen to them?

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

January 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, usually I stop talking to the preggo girls. haha
I hope you guys can get back to where you used to be!
January 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
lol, see usually i stop talking to girls that Im not happy for that they got pregnant. Usually cuz they didnt want to be pregnant and just randomness that they got pregnant and tehy dont want to be. I stop talking to them. Maybe shes not talking to me cuz she feels i hate her?! I dont know. Its just silly.

January 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I do notice it alot of JM.
Women will get pregnant, then leave the board.
It's a bummer
January 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nicole, I would say reach out to her. She may be hesitant to talk to you because she feels that it will hurt you more. A friend of mine and I were both ttc, but she doesn't have pcos or other challenges. I figured she would get her bfp before me, and she did. I had told her beforehand though that I did not want her to hide it from her or think I didn't want to hear about it once she got her bfp. It can be awkward from both ends, and it really just depends on how close of friends you were in the first place. If you are really good friends, you will work around any discomfort.

January 7th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Natalie. I think she probably thinks that she doesn't want to hurt you.

I do know what you are saying though because it has happened to me and I've even been through a pregnancy. I never shut anyone out. If anything some of my friends stop talking to me cuz they didn't want anything to do with someone who has a child.

And yes, I was that person who left JM for a period of time after having a baby. I just had too much going on in my life (stupid job), and now that I'm in a much better place, I'm back. I just didn't like always feeling behind or guilty.

January 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I agree, reach out to her. Maybe she feels like if she is talking to you all the time, she is rubbing her pregnancy in your face. Just set her straight!

I understand why women leave the board once they get pregnant, but it makes me sad because I miss them!
January 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM
well I am going to talk to her cuz i dont want her to think im bitter towards her or anything, cuz im not. Im truly happy that she got pregnant and so relieved for her as well.

I always kind of wondered if we are allowed or wanted to post here after we are pregos. I would feel like i was rubbing it into faces to be a frequent poster.

January 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope that we will all still post here once we get our bfps. It's not realisitic to think we will be able to post as much as we do now, especially since we will then also be posting to a due date club! I currently am a member of this board, and the Feb 07 Playroom, so I know that when I add a due date club, my posting will decrease. But stopping in with words of wisdom, comfort or encouragement can only help!
I think of Chelsea and Anna, and a few others who have graduated and are not ttc right now, but still offer us so much support. Heck, I Facebooked Anna just today to ask her to look at my chart for me! That lady is a charting guru! lol!

January 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Good point, Nat!
I love our graduates!!!
January 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM
well i know once i become a graduate.. in 9-10 months after that i will be back for ttc the next.. but it will be more of not trying not preventing for a good few months before I will actually get in the ttc boat again. and as i told cody who knows maybe i will be done and feel my family is complete at 4 intead of 6.. only time will tell.

January 7th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
It never crossed my mind to go anywhere when I got my bfp.. I know I have a bond with the girls here that my pregnant belly would have only brought joy to them as theirs will to me... even if one got pregnant tomorrow, I'd still be over joyed.
January 7th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I feel the same way, Mags!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your new siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search