Acne and Make Up

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering how many of you have acne, and have found either a face cleaning regime that helps, or make up that doesn't make it worse?

I have tried Proactiv and it actually made my face worse. Other than that, I have tried so many brands of over the counter cleaners, but nothing has helped.

Being sick the last week, I didn't wear any make up. Both DH and I noticed that my face seemed to clear up a bit. My scars are less red, no new break outs and just a better looking complexion. So, I'm wondering if I should be trying something new... I know that no make up is best, but that's not doable for me. There's all this talk about mineral vs. non mineral and of course everyone has a different experience of what works for them, and I'm wondering what works for anyone here? Both for coverage of acne/red spots, and for not making your acne worse!

I know that one mistake I made initially was thinking my face was oily, when really it was dry and was producing oil to compensate... so I'm better at moisturizing now

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have found success using a cleanser called Purpose. It's over the counter and my dr recommended it to control oil. I also use prescription Klaron and some other cream for breakouts that I will have to go look at the name of.

I use Mac foundation, and it does not break me out.

January 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
I use a daytime/nighttime face cream for 30+ from Avon (I am an Avon rep), I also use the smooth mineral foundation which I think has helped. The thing with using the powder mineral foundations is that your face needs to be well moisturized for the powder to stick. (like you need to moisturize, let it set/dry, then apply the powder).

Don't get me wrong, when I have shifts in hormones, I still get breakouts, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
January 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM
PlusSizeBarbie1988's Avatar *~Nikki~*
Send a message via AIM to PlusSizeBarbie1988
Physicians formula!!! I used to have acne soooo bad and make-up made it worse.. proactive actually made my face red and puffy.. but when i started using the make-up its what cleared my face up! .. I have very dry skin and it worked.. butt!! my sister has very oily skin and it worked for her as well!! so i deffinately suggest it!.. GL hunni*

I'm walking in new shoes now Ive got a new song to Sing..
TTC is one of the most complicated/frustrating situations to go through. remember to Love one another and.. be there for eachother its no-ones fault.. Love and Be Loved..
January 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
I use Cera Ve or Cetaphil cleanser, although I use a make-up remover first (Oil of Olay, sensitive skin). One thing I've noticed is ANYTHING with fragrance in it - cleanser, lotion, make-up, etc - will break me out and make it so much more red and noticeable.

I use Bare Escentuals make-up and swear by it! I love, love, love it! I started using it 5 years ago because I had some bad facial scarring from an accident, and realized how great it works for acne cover up. It's a little pricey but if you find what works for you, it's worth it you know? I use the Summer Bisque concealer and then use Medium Golden foundation with some blush and the Mineral Veil to cover it up. I use the Mineral Veil througout the day to control shiny-ness and oil. I have combination skin and it keeps me from being too oily or dried out - love it!

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I Like to use neutregena skin clearing foundation..it actually seems to help my skin. I used to use Pro active but it got to be to much..plus it worked for awhile and then stopped. Now I am using Neutragena ( darn I cant spell!) redness fighting stuff...its an acne wash that helps with my red cheeks..I have a touch of rosacea I think..
January 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Spectro Jel. Either the blemish-prone skin one, or combination skin. It's a non-irritating, soap, alcohol and perfume free cleanser that you can rinse off with water or just wipe off with a cloth. It costs about $15 for a 500mL bottle with a pump. You only need 1-2 pumps though. A bottle usually lasts me about 4-6 months, and that's using it once a day. I can't use soaps or other cleansers on my face anymore. Soaps (bar, liquid) make my skin feel really oily all day after using it, and facial cleansers either make me oily or too dry. I refuse to put anything but Spectro Jel on my face anymore. I actually started using it 2 years ago when I got my eyebrow pierced, because it was the best thing for the healing process. I can't use anything else anymore. I LOVE this stuff!! I seriously recommend it to EVERYONE. You can get smaller bottles for obviously less money, but I put out the $15 for the bigger bottle because I KNOW I'm going to use it all.

January 10th, 2011, 12:56 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use Aveeno (sensitive skin) morning & night.
Also, make sure to NEVER touch your face, as it will cause acne.
I stopped doing that & it has helped alot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search