Ladies I am out this month

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
Cody and I just ran into some HUGE financial problems. His work slashed his hours and since hes not been able to get fulltime because they havnt hired fulltime in 5 years due to too many fulltimers on. Hes one of the first to get hours slashed. Well they cut him from a 40hour week down to 16 hours most a week. So I dont think right now till his hours pick up if I should continue. This happened last year during jan, but by march he was back up to full time hours. So Im not sure what to do. I dont want to have just wasted 40 dollars for clomid but at the same time I know it woul dbe 9 months away till this baby came if I got pregnant but Im not sure what to do. With cut hours things were tight before, pay to pay, but now Im not even sure how we will survive this month. so i dont know. Im so frusterated and upset by this but theres not much we can do. So I dont know, I guess Im out for this month. Im sure I will hang around but I wont be ttc this month which blows.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

January 9th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
If you're having that big of financial troubles now, I think waiting it out is best. 4 mouths to feed and 4 bodies to clothe, not counting you and Cody, would only make things that much harder. Sounds like a lot of pressure on him.
January 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM
hes been talking about getting a second job, but the guy works hard as is so i dont know. He definitly doesnt need more on him right now. This totally sucks but I guess its a huge sign that I shouldnt have any more kids.

January 10th, 2011, 01:26 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Im sorry your DH has had his hours cut! I hope the work picks up soon and hes back to full time hours soon x

January 10th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Nicole! That is really rough! 40 hours to 16 hours! I hope he is able to get more hours at work or find a new job.

I agree that this is probably not the best time to ttc. It doesn't mean that you will never be at a point when you can get back to it, but if it were me, I would be cautious until you know you are back on solid financial ground.

Hugs to you!

January 10th, 2011, 07:07 AM
well he came home at lunch with some good news. His work is upping his hours back to what they were pre holiday so the full 40, during holiday he was down to 30 hours so going back up to 40 is great news so it wont be pay to pay for a bit. I guess its called winter hours that run from basically october -march but they said they know hes got a family and only 1 income coming in so they have given him hours. So on a good note we are back to full hours this week. And hes been looking for a new job for quite a while, so hes going to continue. Im just glad that his hours are back. Not sure what to do about ttc though. He still wants to try as do i, but idk. I guess we will see where we are at ovulation time and if his work scheduel shows his hours are there then maybe but if they screw him and not actually give him the hours well then we just wont.

January 10th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Seems like the hours aren't set for him. They kinda jumble a bit? I'd definitely wait until he finds a different, better job. I wouldn't want my husband having two jobs. Then he doesn't even get to enjoy the family he does have. So sad. ;(
January 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow that is a huge cut! I am so sorry

I was really torn with the decision to TTC this cycle. we went ahead and BD'ed, but I don't think it worked out. I will also be out for a few weeks at minimum. We can be miserable together.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
well his hours have been all over for the last 5 years. Hes been looking for a new job but you can only get part time here and with that pays no good. Our city is very low on jobs right now, most ppl are moving out of here due to it. And if you have a job, you keep it no matter how crappy it is. We tried the 2 job last year and it worked but it was hard on him and I. Our kids missed him badly because he would be gvone before they woke up and back after they were in bed. And if i had waited for him tog et a better job with his business degree,. well i wouldnt have the kids i do have lol. So we are at a crossroads. he doesnt want to stop cuz he says we have always pulled together for everything we have, we have always made sure there was a roof over our kids heads, food on our table, and that they are clothed and loved and everything. like by no means are my kids hurting. They have everything they want and need. But he doesnt want to stop, i doubt clomid will do anything anyways. So i dont know. we always have to plan sedx around ovulation cuz of how busy we are, so if it doesnt happen then it wont. But i most likely am out unless it just happens type thing. BUt ami i feel ur pain. misery needs company lol.

January 10th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I dunno.. I would just be scared to have ONE kid without financial stability. Sucks about the job situation in your town.. Hope it all works out.
January 10th, 2011, 02:17 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes...What a sticky situation you are in.
I hope you make the right decision for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search