What would you count as the start of AF?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Two days ago, on 1/10, I had something in between spotting and light flow. I did not wear a product, and got a little on my underwear. On 1/11, I had a very light flow, enough to need a tampon, but VERY light. Both of those days were red. Today, I have just a little brown spotting. I even worked out today to try to jump around and get things going better to no avail.

I have my clomid to take this cycle, but I HATE that I can't truly figure out what to count as cd1. Dr always says to wait for a full red flow, but what do all these other days of wishy washyness count for? Especially the stop and start again mess.........I just don't get it!!!!

Any adivce?

January 12th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
My doc says even slight spotting is CD1........ I dunno, babe! Call the doc ASAP!
January 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah my doc says spotting is day 1 too..
January 13th, 2011, 07:17 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always heard consider the 1st day of a heavy flow OR the 2nd day os constent spotting as CD1!

If it were me, I would call your doc office & ask your nurse what she thinks.

Good luck, sweets!
January 13th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls - I left a message at my dr's office yesterday, but with the snow storm, I don't know if they are in the office yet or returning calls. So hopefully I will hear back today. Barely spotted yesterday and barely spotting today - took hpt just in case and it was negative. My temp went up a little today, but I had the heat turned way up. I just hate it when you get disappointed that it's not your cycle, then you can't even get a real AF so that you can feel confident that your body is resetting to try again. With these weird on and off periods and spotting that I've been having I am starting to doubt I can even get pregnant again at all. My body just seems so out of whack. Gah.

January 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Ugh, I can't believe this happened again to you Natalie!! Do you think it's possible you aren't ovulating even with the Clomid? I mean, it just seems odd that two months in a row you'd only have spotting and not a real period ya know?

I'd count the second day as Day 1, although with red on the first day I think that would be okay to count too.

I started Clomid today - there's no mistaking that I'm on my period right now!! Ugh, I am such a b*tch today - I hate everyone I work with or have to even look at today

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM

How frustrating for you!
January 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
So sorry Nat

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility

January 13th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ami, my cd21 progesterone levels were strong for both clomid cycles, so I am told that means I am definitely ovulating. My dr was surprised that I didn't get a good strong AF after a 19.4 progesterone. Weird.

January 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Yea, that is weird..
January 14th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Oh that is totally weird!! I wonder what the deal is.

So which day did you count as Day 1? I am on day 2 of Clomid right now...lucky so far this month I'm not crazy, but that usually doesn't start until later in day 2 so I have plenty of time to get my crazies all worked up lol!

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't figured out what to count as cd1 yet. Right now on my chart, I have 1/11 as cd1 (same as you!). But since I have barely bled at all, really barely spotted for 3 days now, I didn't take the clomid yet. I left another message with my dr to try to get some guidance.

I'm glad clomid is being nice to you so far, Ami! I hope it does its job and brings you those two lines!

January 14th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hopefully! Well at least you can take it days 5-9 so you have some time to get it figured out. That's one nice thing about clomid at least!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search