Pizza Pizza!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know, I know, we are trying to be good & make healthy food choices, but you have to admit, sometimes nothing hits the spot more than pizza does!

Where do you like to order from?
What kind of pizza do you get?
January 19th, 2011, 09:07 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
omg, Alex and I are obsessed with pizza! He has to have it at least twice a week or he goes through withdrawl!

I love all pizza I typically like cheese, pep, or veggie, but have been known to do some odd things on pizza. I really like pep with banana peppers or pineapple - yum!

I like Stouffer's and Red Baron Fire Baked Crust, and there are a few local pizza joints that we like a lot

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For delivery, my favorite is Papa John's veggie.

We go to Johnny's NY pizza or this Italian restaurant called Vincent's when we want a restaurant pizza experience.

For pizza at home, I like the Stouffer's French Bread pizzas, and I like to make our own with Boboli crust and yummy toppings.

Great, now I'm craving pizza!!

January 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Nat- LOVE your new siggy, btw!
January 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
love love love pizza

Here we order 2 types of pizza cuz my kids and hubs only want cheese and peperoni...

however on my pizza I get cheese, fresh tomoto, red onions, green and red peppers and mushrooms. I used to be an only cheese on pizza girl, but once i tried this veggie pizza ive been hooked and nothing is as good for me.

We order from a place call panago.. i think its only in canada.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

January 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
AGREE (as I eat my pizza).

I like a lot of the chains (Dominos, Papa Johns). I don't like IMO's although I'm supposed to since it's like St. Louis thing.

Although I am going to share my pizza dough recipe because it's actually healthy (we are still trying to eat good, right) but tastes fantastic and it really isn't that hard to make:

Whole Grain Pizza Dough
1 pkt dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
1-2 teaspoons honey
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or white whole-wheat flour)
1/4 cup soy flour
1/4 cup corn flour (or buckwheat, spelt, brown rice, or quinoa flour)
4 teaspoons wheat gluten
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon flaxseeds (optional)

In bowl, dissolve yeast & honey in warm water and let sit for 10 minutes. In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into yeast water until dough forms (no need to knead dough). Spray a clean bowl with nonstick cooking spray and put dough ball into bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for at least 30 min. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray or olive oil, then spread out dough. Bake in 450 degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and put on toppings. Put back in oven and bake for about 10 more minutes.

Personal note : I use the white whole wheat, spelt and soy flour (mostly because that's what they had where I was).

January 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Beth-Yummm! Thanks for sharing!
January 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Super Mommy
We're doing Pizza tonight for dinner - we're craving! ha ha I like doing to take and bake ones from Papa Murphys! My favorite is the Gourmet Chicken Garlic, it has Grilled Chicken, Roma Tomatoes, Green Onions, Herb & Cheese Blend - Yum!
January 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Expecting #1
I love pizza. I only get cheese pizza though. As far as nationwide/international chains I prefer dominos. Papa Johns makes me feel like throwing up for some reason. The sauce is too weird to me.

Beth...I am shocked you dont like IMOs!!! I have my grandparents bring me IMOs pizza from STL all the way to Indiana when I am there to visit lol. I also like Cusumano's though. St. Louis has the best pizza I think!

I'm going to northern italy next weekend, my husband says it'll put all other pizza to shame. I hope so!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

January 19th, 2011, 05:22 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am spoiled, I live on the east coast only a few miles from NYC. We have some awesome pizza - there is a local place around the corner called Bruno's that is where we get pizza from.

I am such a pizza snob, we are moving close to the Mason Dixon and I am afraid the pizza is going to be sub-par. I have had pizza in Virginia and yuck! I have also had pizza in Missouri, those places should be ashamed to call crackers with pizza like topping on them pizza - bleh!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
When we order in, we usually order Papa John's because Rob has a child's palette and is sooo picky! He ONLY likes Papa John's pretty much. We get pineapple and ham or the works. I love picking up pizza from 4 local places,- Andres, Pasta Avanti, Bella Napoli, and Como's.. Cheese or pepperoni. SOOOOOO GOOD.
You, Amber? You never told us- did you??
January 20th, 2011, 06:34 AM
When we order in, we get Papa Johns.
But, we love this little NY style pizzaria in a small town about 30min away.
I usually prefer cheese or supreme...Whichever I'm in the mood for!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search