Robitussin

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Who has used robitussin (or anything other than preseed) to help with CM? I get EWCM when I am not on Clomid, but never get it on Clomid *sigh*

What days are you supposed to take it? I used it last year in March when I was on Clomid for the first time and got my first bfp (well, second technically, but the first round didn't count b/c I broke my wrist and we stopped ttc that month). But I can't remember how I took it...I wonder if it's why I got my bfp then.

Just curious what you all do to help with the CM issues of Clomid, and when to start using them!

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 21st, 2011, 06:56 AM
Expecting #1
I havent tried that so I cant help, but I did try evening primrose oil to help with CM. I was on it for about 4 months and all it really gave me was an upset stomach and didnt seem to help unfortunately. But I know a ton of girls find it to be very helpful for them.

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

January 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did it year and years ago when ttc my first. I think you take it from after AF to O 1 tsp daily.

But I never had any significant results. At the time I was also chugging red grapefruit juice and I did have some CM on it.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 21st, 2011, 08:59 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took it a couple days before O to give me lots of EWCM & it worked!
I just can't choke that yucky stuff down easily, so I only did it once, but it did work!
January 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Super Mommy
I use EPO from tme to time and I always get some extra EWCM from it but.. it gives me oily tasting burps (sorry to be gross) at times..

January 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Amber, how much did you take and when did you start taking it?

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 23rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
PlusSizeBarbie1988's Avatar *~Nikki~*
Send a message via AIM to PlusSizeBarbie1988
<< I haven't tried the tussin. But i did use Mucinex last yr. (read about it somewhere online) I started taking it when AF was almost Gone ... got a little extra EWCM..

I'm walking in new shoes now Ive got a new song to Sing..
TTC is one of the most complicated/frustrating situations to go through. remember to Love one another and.. be there for eachother its no-ones fault.. Love and Be Loved..
January 23rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to try Robitussin, but I read that it has to be the plain one without the DM, and I could not find the plain one anywhere!

January 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Nat they say that but if you read on the box even the DM has an expectorant in it, and thats what really matters.

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility

January 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh ok, thanks Manda - I thought that the DM had things in it that could be potentially harmful for conception.

January 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I just look for the only active ingredient to be that one that starts with a G...guaf-something or another. I started using it this weekend. I noticed even my saliva was thicker, and just since I started using the tussin it seems to be back to normal. Just waiting to see if it helps my CM - so far nothing to write home about!

January 24th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry I'm just now responding!

I just took a normal dosage, like you would if you were sick.
January 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM
thanks amber! haha, no worries on the late response I just started sucking it down at periodic intervals, so we'll see what happens! I analyzed the time I got a bfp on Clomid vs. last cycle, and that was my only piece that was different...so hopefully adding it back in this cycle will bring me a !!

January 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hopefully!
January 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Ahh nat sorry, maybe I was wrong...

How confusing!

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search