Just got back from my appointment

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Wow... what an appointment.
They was running about an hour behind! I saw loads of pregnant bellies and felt so envious! I seriously hate the fact that you have to go to the same place were they do the U/S to see the fertility Dr. Really irks me. Hospital was clearly designed by a man. No consideration to couples suffering from infertility issues.
Anyway!! Onto my appointment....
I got weighed by the nurse... Same as this AM. I am 16st13lb (33lb LESS then my starting weight a year ago). I then had to go and wait outside while the nurse gave my new stats to my Dr. Went in and the Dr asked if I was ok... I said yeah and that I didnt loose as much weight this time due to the death we had before xmas, then xmas and I put on a lot but since xmas I have lost 9lb. Dr replied everyone gained over xmas so dont worry... As long as I am loosing again now its okay.
I also told her about the pain I have been getting... She jotted it down in my file and told me to keep an eye on it.
Then onto the good news... Tranny is on Clomid. Oh yes! I have been given a 3 month supply of 50mg. I have to start taking them on the 2nd dayt of my cycle for 5 days. On the 2nd and 3rd cycle I have to have blood work on CD21.
I asked what happens if AF don't start on its own what do I do then?, Dr replied if its not here by the end of Feb start of March to call the office and they will see me to sort something out. So fingers crossed AF starts on CD49 like before!!
I was also told that there was risks of multiples with this being a fertility drug.. I replied that thats fine I don't mind! Gary looked like hah!
I asked what should I do if I get pregnant, I have to ring them up and chances are they will want to see me and check me out and have a chat.
If the clomid dont work I have an appointment for the 6th June. Fingers tightly crossed I WILL NOT NEED THAT APPOINTMENT!!!!!!

February 2nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Yay for Clomid! Hope it works wonders for you!
February 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Im so happy they're finally moving forward with you! My doctor said even losing 10% of your weight can totally change your fertility so lets hope between that and the clomid you'll get your well deserved

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility

February 2nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
How exciting! Yay for a step forward and congrats on your weight loss.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy to hear you are taking the next step!! I hope the clomid does the trick for you!! Good luck!!

February 2nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks girls! Im so excited to be moving forward!

February 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!
SO excited for you! Sounds like a VERY productive appointment!
The risk of multiples is VERY low with Clomid, especially 50mg, so tell Gary I wouldn't worry
I hope so bad it only take ONE of those 3 refills for you to give Mia a little brother/sister!
Yay!
February 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear your on your way to your BFP...hope this next cycle is it!
February 3rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Yay for your weight loss and good appt!! Hopefully the Clomid makes you o and you won't need that appt in June!

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
February 4th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4AngelBabies View Post
Yay!
SO excited for you! Sounds like a VERY productive appointment!
The risk of multiples is VERY low with Clomid, especially 50mg, so tell Gary I wouldn't worry
I hope so bad it only take ONE of those 3 refills for you to give Mia a little brother/sister!
Yay!
I think hes more bothered because I would love multiples
My sister went to see a psychic after her and her BF split up and she was told about there would be twins coming into the family.
My mum also saw one too and she also said there was a mention of twins.
I have always been a bit skeptical but decided to go for my self. She told me things about my DH's family that none of us knew and had to ask about the family.
I was also told I would have twin boys. I was test before christmas and it would be negative (I tested at Christmas even though I knew it would be neg - I tested because I was off out and wanted to drink!) and to enjoy my self. She also mentioned that I was seeking fertiliy medication and that by my next birthday I would be pregnant... My birthday is in May so fingers crossed!
I honestly thought it would be all a load of pish and nothing would come of it, but now... I dont know. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

February 4th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Expecting #1
Hey, maybe twins are in the cards for you!

My consultant told me when he gave me Clomid a couple weeks ago that in his clinic, when he prescribes Clomid on days 2-6, he has about a 10% rate of twins. Not sure how accurate it is, but he wanted to make sure we were comfortable with the "risk" or if I wanted to be put on it later in my cycle to make the chances less. DH wants twins BADLY, lol. So, I'm fine. I know it won't happen really..but, here's to hoping!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

February 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Fingers crossed for us both then!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search