Introducing myself!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Hello! My name is Jenny (in case my name didn't tip you off haha). I'm 32....PCOS. I have 2 previous 5 week losses and a chemical under my belt. It's been 5 years since the last one and I'm finally jumping back on the TTC bandwagon and kinda nervous! I'm mostly here looking for support and encouragement, as well as any and all advice you ladies can muster! Which is exactly what we're all here for, I guess.

I was active on this forum the last time I was TTC, so I do have a good basis of understanding for what I need to do and what I should watch for. But I'm sure I'll still learn quite a bit from you.

To start:
- I've lost 80lbs since my last TTC effort
- I've been on 500mg Metformin for a few months now (going to up that in 2 weeks)
- I plan on starting on a prenatal and folic acid supplement
- I'll be picking up a BBT thermometre tomorrow and my BFF is giving me a handful of ovulation tests (has anyone managed to have any real luck with those? I seem to recall they're hit or miss with PCOS)
- I'll be talking to my dr hopefully next week about clomid. Although I've heard about Letrozole being possibly more effective. Has anyone heard of or tried this?
- I've been checking for the last 2 cycles and I'm not detecting ovulation at all. I haven't used the tests yet. But my cervix isn't going into the SHOW position and I'm not getting EWCM

Thanks! I look forward to getting to know you all!
December 28th, 2016, 09:07 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds like you are fully prepared and also, welcome to the boards! I can comment on the OPKs thing bc that is the major thing I have experience with. For me OPKS do work. They tended to run dark before starting a pcos friendly diet, but I could still tell the true positive because they were EXTRA dark. Many people with pcos have elevated baseline levels of LH naturally. I would recommend starting with a big stash of like 50 OPKs and taking them pretty much every day starting at the beginning of your cycle all the way until you confirm O with temps. This way you will know what your true positive OPK looks like and your baseline. Ever since starting a strict pcos friendly diet my LH levels are much more stable and I get more normal, light lines before O and then a dark one at O.

To explain it was basically like this:

My uncontrolled PCOS opk lines day by day:
dark
very dark
dark
dark
SUPER DARK ---> true positive

Vs.

My opk lines day by day when my pcos is treated by diet:
light
light
light
light
dark --> true positive

"Mild" pcos, conceived DS1 on cycle #4 ttc
Baby B. 5/2014

BFP on first cycle TTC baby #2.. So surprised and happy!
December 28th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Thanks for this! I've been nervous about OPKs. Afraid they would be indeterminate for me. This gives me encouragement!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis1 View Post
Sounds like you are fully prepared and also, welcome to the boards! I can comment on the OPKs thing bc that is the major thing I have experience with. For me OPKS do work. They tended to run dark before starting a pcos friendly diet, but I could still tell the true positive because they were EXTRA dark. Many people with pcos have elevated baseline levels of LH naturally. I would recommend starting with a big stash of like 50 OPKs and taking them pretty much every day starting at the beginning of your cycle all the way until you confirm O with temps. This way you will know what your true positive OPK looks like and your baseline. Ever since starting a strict pcos friendly diet my LH levels are much more stable and I get more normal, light lines before O and then a dark one at O.

To explain it was basically like this:

My uncontrolled PCOS opk lines day by day:
dark
very dark
dark
dark
SUPER DARK ---> true positive

Vs.

My opk lines day by day when my pcos is treated by diet:
light
light
light
light
dark --> true positive
January 1st, 2017, 07:09 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0524 View Post
Thanks for this! I've been nervous about OPKs. Afraid they would be indeterminate for me. This gives me encouragement!!
I'm glad I was worried I was being confusing! And I do encourage you to try OPKs if you use them long enough and combine with temping I think you will definitely be able to pinpoint Ovulation with them

"Mild" pcos, conceived DS1 on cycle #4 ttc
Baby B. 5/2014

BFP on first cycle TTC baby #2.. So surprised and happy!
January 17th, 2017, 07:25 PM
So if anyone is paying attention to this board....

My OPKs were "indeterminate" (I'll post a pic). I THINK it might have been a positive on CD 19. Our timing should be near perfect. If I DID O, my temps were erratic, due to varied waking times (I'll do better next month).

So I think if I did O, I'm in the 2ww period. Very early, but still good enough that something weird IS happening.

Generally, after suspected O, my entire breasts HURT. It's been like this for approx 6 years. Like, can't go without a bra, god help him if he touches them kind of hurt. That should be happening right now. But it's not. There's very minor localized tenderness (around the nipples). It's incredibly mild. To the point that if I wasn't checking, I wouldn't even notice.

I'm so nervous. I'm trying to keep myself from testing too early.

If I didn't O and get pregnant, I do have good news. I saw my GP last week and she wrote me a prescription for Clomid and faxed a referral to the fertility clinic. If pregnancy doesn't happen this month, I'm super confident for next month!!

Ugh couldn't upload a pic from my phone. Basically, the left half of the test line looked positive, but the rest was light. I don't remember if people count that as a positive or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0524 View Post
So if anyone is paying attention to this board....

My OPKs were "indeterminate" (I'll post a pic). I THINK it might have been a positive on CD 19. Our timing should be near perfect. If I DID O, my temps were erratic, due to varied waking times (I'll do better next month).

So I think if I did O, I'm in the 2ww period. Very early, but still good enough that something weird IS happening.

Generally, after suspected O, my entire breasts HURT. It's been like this for approx 6 years. Like, can't go without a bra, god help him if he touches them kind of hurt. That should be happening right now. But it's not. There's very minor localized tenderness (around the nipples). It's incredibly mild. To the point that if I wasn't checking, I wouldn't even notice.

I'm so nervous. I'm trying to keep myself from testing too early.

If I didn't O and get pregnant, I do have good news. I saw my GP last week and she wrote me a prescription for Clomid and faxed a referral to the fertility clinic. If pregnancy doesn't happen this month, I'm super confident for next month!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search