Who are the pregnant cysters?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you all don't mind. Will all the pregnant PCOS'ers post a msg, so we will know who's pregnant. Also give alil history of what you been through to be where you are now. Also, give us info on what your doing about PCOS while your pregnant.

Thanks girls!
July 21st, 2005, 03:32 AM
Veteran
I have pcos and am happily pregnant for the 3rd time, but 2nd (so far) successful pregnancy. I am currently 25 weeks. Honestly, pcos is only a bother to me when I am ttc and when I am not managing it well with the bcp. When I am not pg or trying to get pg, I take the bcp and when I am ttc I take Metformin to get pg and then until 12 weeks of the pregnancy. My other symptoms are light- most annoying being extra facial hair but I stay on top of that and it is managable. I am not significantly over weight, just about average. I would say that when I am pg, I just enjoy not worrying about my lack of periods and whether or not I will get pregnant. Good luck to everyone!!!!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
July 21st, 2005, 09:48 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello pregnant with PCOS and pregnant with number two. I have had two loses and one preemie.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

July 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM
Leslie=)'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have PCOS and am pg with #1. After several years of struggling to get pg, I started going to an RE. I took Metformin, Clomid, Ovidrel shot, IUI and got pg on the third cycle of this regiment. I also had the HSG dye test done during the 3rd cycle which I personally believed helped because one of my tubes was slightly blocked. All I've really had to do differently while pg is taking the Metformin through the first 12 weeks.

When I wasn't pg or ttc, I also used BCP to manage PCOS. My worst symptom would have to be the chronic pelvic pain from the ovarian cysts and the very irregular periods. My other symptoms are difficulty losing weight and facial acne, both of which can be managed.
July 21st, 2005, 02:05 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi...I have PCOS and am pregnant with #2. My PCOS has not caused any problems with my pregnancy and like annie is more of a problem when I am not pregnant. SO and I were discussing when I would start the glucophage right before I got pregnant...we were both very shocked because although we never did charting or anything we had been having unprotected sex for 2 years before I got pregnant. I was diagnosed with PCOS the beginning of last year.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

July 21st, 2005, 07:03 PM
Veteran
I am 30 weeks with #3. I only took metformin with this and was shocked to be pregnant. I am still on the metformin. And have had a great pregnacy. although still considered high risk.

thank you rachel
July 22nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
wendy12305's Avatar Veteran
I was diagnosed with PCOS in December '04 (after a year of ttc). I was put on Clomid, and 3 cycles later we were pregnant. Like the other ladies I have had no problems while pregnant. Before I just had horrible periods (lasting up to 3 months at a time), acne (not on my face, it was on my back), and difficulty loosing weight. Hope this helps
July 26th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have PCOS and am pregnant for the 3rd time. The first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. The second pregnancy, I had my daughter 1 day before her due date, but it ended up being via emergency c-section. With this pregnancy, I will have a scheduled c-section in September.

As far as the PCOS goes, I was diagnosed in high-school due to randomly strange cycles. I'd go anywhere from 5 days to 5 months between cycles and they'd last anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. They put me on BCP and said I'd never be able to get pregnant. I have 3 cousins with PCOS, and one of them was seeing a reproductive endocrinologist , so I figured I'd try it too. With the Glucophage, I was finally able to lose weight for the first time in my life! & that's all I needed to get pregnant each time too.

Thank you SpinkD for my new Siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search