New to This board, just found out i have PCOS

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2005, 08:09 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on the TTC w/medical assistance until i discovered today that i have PCOS.

allow me to give you an overview of what all i have been through. Me and my DH got married last may (have been together since i was 16) we decided we would start trying shortly after we got married. This seemed simple at the time. We tried for about 7 months by oursleves with no luck. I decided it may be a good idea to go to a dr. soon i was in the whole charting temps, doing OPK's and all the fun "trying" stuff. I was supposed to go on clomid in April to only discover i was pregnant! How exciting!! Except the fact that from the beginning it all felt wrong. 6 weeks later i had to have a D&C due to a blighted ovum. now here we are 5 months later and doing the clomid and the whole "fertility' stuff. On top of finding out my thyroid is under active.....

I went in for my follicle scan today and the dr. had said "you have PCOS". I knew all about this due to all the darn books i have read. i really have non of the classic symptoms except the cysts and the facial hair. i am not really over weight but have struggled with that. So i just wanted to say that i am now on this board and i need some support. JM has been a wonderful stress reliever and i just want to say i am here to lend an ear to anyone on these boards. this stuff is so hard. It is a real struggle.

Hugs to all of you and sorry we all have to be on here!!!

October 12th, 2005, 08:16 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board, although I know thats not something to be excited about. Good Luck, i hope clomid does the trick.
October 13th, 2005, 12:15 AM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the PCOS board. I hope you find the support you need here.

October 13th, 2005, 11:01 AM
baner
Well you came to the right place!! The ladies here are great along with ttc w/ medical assistance. I am on both of them!!

I noticed you are on clomid, right? Clomid works for a lot of women, I hope it does for you and you get a BFP soon! If you think about it, now that they have found out what they think you have and when you do get your BFP, then they know to keep a watch on you and maybe give you prometrium vaginally supplements or whatever they might give you to sustain your pg! I won't start any meds until November when DH & I have been ttc for 8 months.

Let me know if you wanna talk anytime!!

October 14th, 2005, 05:28 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Baner! yeah i am glad i found out what is going on. yes i am on Clomid. it worked great last month i had 3 follicles that were great sized. But Dh and i "held off" from anything b/c we were waiting for the green light from the dr. WELL lone behold i went in for my scan and had already ovulated. so we missed our chances ! just went to the dr. today and didn't ovulate this month so he upped my clomid this next month. So we will see what happens.

Thanks for your kind words and i am on the TTC W/medical assistance board too!

good luck on your meds **BABY DUST***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search