QOTD, Tues May 12

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Julka
Do you have any other Catholic families that you are really good friends with? How did you meet? How often do you see one another?
May 12th, 2009, 09:37 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots! Most of our close friends are Catholic. I see the girls every Thursday, most of them come to the Rosary group I organize. We see them on Sundays too because most of us go to the same Mass and visit a bit after. Several of our kids are in ballet together, so we see each other then too. Next year 4 of us will all have a child in the same pre-Kindergarten.

We get together as couples about every other month or so, whenever there is a birthday or something. We get together with just one other family about once a month, for dinner or whatever.

One of the couples we met because we all went to World Youth Day together in 2000 (DH knew them before the trip, I didn't.) Two of them are Dh's childhood friends and I've become friends with their wives. The rest we basically met through Rosary group and Mass.
May 12th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Julka
Shawna, I am really jealous!

We have NONE. At all. None of our friends are Catholic, and we haven't been able to meet any Catholic families over the past few years. I don't know if it's because we live in a huge city and our parish has no sense of a community feel to it. Argh. I wish I had some Catholic mommy friends to meet up with.
May 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got lucky, most of our friends/coworkers are in the same parish as us. I love it!
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
May 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a couple friends I keep in touch with from college, where we were all active in a big Catholic student community. We have some families we know through Church... I wouldn't say any are GREAT friends, we're still sort of fostering those friendships a bit. I met most of them when I started up my playgroup. A girl I had met through volunteering at Church had just had a baby and I approached her with the idea to start one. We contacted a few of the young moms we had seen around Church and every single one of them ended up joining playgroup. There are six of us. I've met some other families at Church through them, too.

May 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Julia, move here and then you can join in!!!! We'll adopt you!
May 12th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Julka
Aw, thanks Shawna

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search