QOTD Wed May 13

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What outside activities are you doing with the kids this summer? Do you have some favorite places or trips you take in your area when it's warm out?

May 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Julka
I have some stuff planned for the summer. Maybe the zoo; we took Natasha last summer to the Toronto Zoo and she so-so enjoyed it, I think she might love it more this summer; they also have a water-park with splash pads within the zoo so it's really fun.

I am also hoping to take the ferry to the Central Island, they have huge parks, gardens, amusement park, beach, etc. there so the girls would love it. Also maybe Ontario Place which is a huge water park with rides and what not.

We just have to figure out how to schedule it around their naps and what not.
May 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We love, love, love camping. So we'll be doing some of that this summer. We also go for walks in the park and have campfires in the back yard in our fire pit. We roasted hot dogs for Mother's Day actually. Swimming, and lots of visits to my Mom and Dad's farm. They love being there.
May 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
We do SO much in the summer, we are constantly busy. I really want to get a firepit, Shawna. Maybe I'll put that on my wishlist for this year. We love the zoo, there are two near us... one free smaller one and one expensive big one. We usually do the big one once during the summer and the free one several times. Although the free one now has a little carnival type thing attached to it and Nathaniel had a meltdown when we were there a month ago because he just HAD to go on a ride.

We spend a lot of time on the lake. DH's parents live on the lake, and they have a pontoon boat. We do lots of swimming and boating and just laying on the dock. Every Thursday in the summer there's a little festival in their downtown area with live music, food, and vendors. We like going and walking around.

I LOVE summer!!!

May 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM
We bought the bricks for the firepit for $60 at the hardware, picked a spot and voila! I put up some of those tacky patio lanterns for Father's Day one year cuz Josh thinks those are cool! We use it all the time!!! It's also a nice date during the fertile time....we put the kids to bed, bring out the baby monitor, and sit out back by the fire.
May 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
We bought the bricks for the firepit for $60 at the hardware, picked a spot and voila! I put up some of those tacky patio lanterns for Father's Day one year cuz Josh thinks those are cool! We use it all the time!!! It's also a nice date during the fertile time....we put the kids to bed, bring out the baby monitor, and sit out back by the fire.
Oh, all your kids go to bed? LOL Nathaniel is such a slave to routine, he is begging for bed if it's 1/2 hour past bedtime... Mary however will not go to sleep easily nor will she stay asleep once I finally get her down unless I'm lying there next to her. She wakes up and cries after twenty minutes. Most nights I don't bother nursing her to sleep until I go to bed... at 10:30. It's terrible, I know. But I don't know how to fix it, I don't have a crib for her (N is still in it) and I don't want to just plop her in the pack & play in our room and let her CIO.

May 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah, they do. We're very blessed, I need that down time after they all go to bed - for my sanity!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search