TV

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 10:17 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What shows do you watch on TV, if any? Do you have shows you watch only with DH, or by yourself? Are there any shows you watch as a family?

May 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Julka
I watch most of my shows with DH. We currently watch LOST, Castle, Doll House, and True Blood. We also love Dexter! DH is trying to get me to watch Battlestar Galactica because it's the "best show in history" (according to him), but I just hate these sci-fi space shows.

The shows I watch by myself are some Russian tv shows my mom brings me; DH doesn't speak the language so obviously they're not interesting to him.
May 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When we had cable, we always watched Biggest Loser together. We don't get it anymore on peasant vision. Once in awhile we also watch Law and Order. We don't watch many tv shows, mostly movies.

I watch Grey's Anatomy. I love the weird medical scenarios, but I could totally do without all the sex. It's so stupid. Meredith is stupid too, I wish she would get flesh eating disease or something.

Josh watches 24 and Lost. And hockey, hockey, hockey. Plus, hockey.
May 13th, 2009, 12:04 PM
DH and I watch a lot of TV. We watch at least 1 show after the kids are in bed, sometimes 2 shows. I never have it on during the day, though. Except for what Nathaniel watches, which I majorly restrict. We have a DVR and it's the best thing for cutting down on TV usage. We don't waste time watching commercials, and we don't have to worry about remembering to tape things and we can watch whenever we have time. Oh and we can pause things easily too. It's great.

DH and I watch Gray's Anatomy, CSI Miami, CSI NY, House, Heroes, American Idol, & Dancing with the stars. We watch So You Think You Can Dance in the summer, I'm excited it's almost going to start!

DH watches Mythbusters and New Yankee Workshop by himself.

I watch Castle too Julia, my mom introduced me to the show and I really like it a lot! Did you see Mondays? What do you think he found out abotu her mom, I was confused at the end... but maybe they meant to confuse us?

May 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy27 View Post
I watch Castle too Julia, my mom introduced me to the show and I really like it a lot! Did you see Mondays? What do you think he found out abotu her mom, I was confused at the end... but maybe they meant to confuse us?
Ooooh, you're the first person I know who also watches Castle! I haven't watched Monday's show, we're about 1-2 shows behind with DH. Now I really want to watch it!
May 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Ooooh, you're the first person I know who also watches Castle! I haven't watched Monday's show, we're about 1-2 shows behind with DH. Now I really want to watch it!
Yeah, I really do like it. Castle & Beckett's relationship is really neat. I love how silly he is, and I love how much he adores his daughter. I like how the Grandma and daughter help him break the case most times. I like the banter that goes on with the detectives and Castle. Oh and I don't know if you've seen this one yet, but a recent one where Castle helps apprehend a guy made me laugh out loud at the TV. And have you noticed he sometimes hums the show's theme song? I think that's too funny.

DH's uncle is on a soap and he's always looking for new roles, and I can totally see him in Castle's role. I'd bet his agent didn't have him try for it though because it's filmed in NYC and DH's uncle is in LA. But seriously, I can't help but see his uncle in this role. He has a similar sense of humor.

May 13th, 2009, 01:18 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
What shows do you watch on TV, if any? Do you have shows you watch only with DH, or by yourself? Are there any shows you watch as a family?
We do watch TV after Luke goes to bed. It is usually sports but during commercials I get DH to change it shows I like to watch - Biggest Loser, The office. Usually I read or work on the kids baby books while DH is watching sports - I hang out in the same room but I'm not that into sports so I have to have something else to do at the same time.
May 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Julka
Quote:
Yeah, I really do like it. Castle & Beckett's relationship is really neat. I love how silly he is, and I love how much he adores his daughter. I like how the Grandma and daughter help him break the case most times. I like the banter that goes on with the detectives and Castle. Oh and I don't know if you've seen this one yet, but a recent one where Castle helps apprehend a guy made me laugh out loud at the TV. And have you noticed he sometimes hums the show's theme song? I think that's too funny.
I haven't noticed about the theme song. Oh, and you forgot that Castle is also REALLY cute! LOL. But yes, I love his role. I donno why, but he really reminds me of Patrick Swayze's character in the Ghost movie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search