QOTD Fri May 15

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is/are your biggest strengths as a parent?

What is your biggest weakness?

May 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Julka
Strengths... I can multi-task pretty well! hehe. Sometimes I surprise myself at how much I can accomplish with both girls with me when I put my mind into it. I am also pretty patient most of the time and I have both girls on excellent schedules - they nap well & sleep through the night well (in the same room!). My kids are also pretty well behaved in public (for their age).

Weaknesses... I sometimes yell & lose my temper if they give me non-stop tantrums... I try to be patient but on the occasional time I just lose it and yell at them and feel like I cannot take it anymore; tantrums are really my weakest point, especially days when it's one after another.
May 15th, 2009, 11:28 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Strengths - managing chaos? LOL

Weaknesses - I definitely yell too much. Every day I resolve to get through the whole day without yelling, and almost every day I fail.
May 15th, 2009, 01:20 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Strengths - I've got a good plan for raising kids in place, I've got lots of goals and for the most part know how to execute them.

Weaknesses - Patience and prayer in actually executing the plan!

May 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, and I'm REALLY good at scraping the "burnt" off of grilled cheese sandwiches!
May 15th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Oh, and I'm REALLY good at scraping the "burnt" off of grilled cheese sandwiches!
May 16th, 2009, 06:48 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I had to think about this before answering... My hubby tells me I always seem to know what to do with kiddo situations, and he says I am great have having the right mommy answer.

What is your biggest weakness? Right now I feel stretched and torn, but I am told that is normal. I need 10 arms and a few cloned doubles to get everything done.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
May 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy27 View Post

What is your biggest weakness?

Well, my biggest weakness is easy - I am impatient and prideful!!
I had to think about my strengths. I guess that I am passionate about being a good wife and mother. I will work hard to give my kids lots of new and fun experiences. My mom spent so much time cooking and keeping the house spotless that we didn't get to do many things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search