We got a doctor! x-posted

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For NFP Awareness Week (July 19-26) we're putting together an information night in our parish. A seminarian friend of mine will speak on the beauty of God's design for marriage, I'll cover the biology/science of NFP, and then we had hoped to invite 3 couples to share their experience with NFP. My friend knows a medical student who is just finishing up his last practicum. He's very pro-NFP, uses it in his own marriage, and wants to help us with our information night. This is so great, I can't even tell you how excited I am!
June 15th, 2009, 09:30 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
That's really great. I wish I could sit in on it. The number of people in this area that use NFP is very small (I know of 2 and that is counting me).

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

June 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, that's excellent!

June 16th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Julka
I replied on the NFP board, but I am excited for you!
June 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavaAngel View Post
That's really great. I wish I could sit in on it. The number of people in this area that use NFP is very small (I know of 2 and that is counting me).
I bet there are more than you think. I used to think I knew all the NFPers in our area too. But now that I've had the privilege of teaching for a few years, I've discovered many more NFP users in our parish - people that I would have never expected! The funny thing is, they all think they are the only ones! And I only know about the BOM users, who knows how many more there are using other forms of NFP.
June 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shawna, I think I've asked this already, but is there any reason to learn BOM as well as Creighton?

June 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy27 View Post
Shawna, I think I've asked this already, but is there any reason to learn BOM as well as Creighton?
I would say there is no reason to learn both. One or the other is best, not both. We learned both and I used both charting systems for awhile, but that was for diagnostic purposes. We were following the BOM chart for TTA, the CrM chart was because my CrM doctor wanted to see what was going on in her "language." LOL It was confusing, I wouldn't reccomend anyone doing that! I was under the supervision of both my FCP and a BOM instructor while I was doing that. I was very happy when I was able to just do one form of charting.

There are very different methods, even if they do use the same stamps and same terminology. The terminology is the same, but the meaning is different. Take "peak" for example. It's defined one way with CrM, means something totally different with BOM. The stamps are the same, but they are used differently. The rules are different too.

Learning both would only make things more confusing.
June 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Well, a second seminarian friend has expressed interest in helping out now too! He's studied the Theology of the Body extensively and would be able to speak on that. Because it's way too much to cram into one night, we're now looking at expanding this to make it a two night series!

Night 1 - a simple introduction to God's design for sexual love in marriage (seminarian #1), intro to NFP, couple testimonies

If anyone is intrigued by what they heard and would like to hear more...

Night 2 - an in-depth presentation on the Theology of the Body by seminarian #2. He'd cover TOB as it applies to marriage, single life, celibacy for the kingdom.

What do you guys think? Too much? If your parish did something like this, would you go?
June 17th, 2009, 02:48 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I would definitely do whatever I could to go if my parish did it!

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

June 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also attend, even though we are past the need for NFP here!
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search