GTKY Thursday

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to continue this from last week but I'm going to be pretty busy tomorrow so I thought I'd post it tonight in case I don't get the chance again.

Name:

Why did you choose your username?

What did you want to be when you grew up?

What's your parish like?

How did you meet your DH?

What's something about the Catholic faith that you'd like to understand better?

What's something one of your kids did recently that made you smile?

What's the last thing you did to treat yourself?

What year was it that you sent your first email?

What's your favorite book in the Bible?

What's your favorite prayer?

What do you pray a lot for?

July 18th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Julka
Why did you choose your username? Julka is my nickname in Russian.

What did you want to be when you grew up? A singer.

What's your parish like? We belong to St Michael's Cathedral - it's gorgeous! And wonderful, I love going there. Here are a couple pics:

How did you meet your DH? We met online in March 2002 and in person in April 2002.

What's something about the Catholic faith that you'd like to understand better? Not too sure. Whenver I question something, I tend to find an answer to it by either thinking about it really hard or looking up the reasons as to what the church teaches it that way.

What's something one of your kids did recently that made you smile? She said mama

What's the last thing you did to treat yourself? Went shopping and spent a lot of monitos

What year was it that you sent your first email? Um... 2001 or 2000? I was kinda late.

What's your favorite book in the Bible? I am not sure, but I like the Gospels A LOT.

What's your favorite prayer? Our Father

What do you pray a lot for? Moral strength
July 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Lizzy

Why did you choose your username? It's one I choose often. 27 is my favorite number.

What did you want to be when you grew up? A dancer.

What's your parish like? It's really really wonderful. Very faithful. I can really trust what's taught there. Lots of large families, friendly people.

How did you meet your DH? In college. We both lived in the same dorm. Well, I lived in the house across the street that the dorm owned for upperclassmen. We also sang in the same choir, went to the same Church, had mutual friends. God REALLY wanted us together, LOL.

What's something about the Catholic faith that you'd like to understand better? I'd like to understand Thomas Aquinas better. He's got a much bigger brain than me.

What's something one of your kids did recently that made you smile? Nathaniel fell... sorta belly flopped. I held my breath waiting for the cry, but he laughed. LOL

What's the last thing you did to treat yourself? I had ice cream. Mmmmm

What year was it that you sent your first email? 1996, my freshman year in college

What's your favorite book in the Bible? Too difficult to pick just one, of course. But I love anything by Paul.

What's your favorite prayer? Glory Be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.
I love giving praise to God.

What do you pray a lot for? Peace in my heart, my mind, my home, and the world.

July 18th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Becky B

Why did you choose your username? Isn't it obvious?

What did you want to be when you grew up? A mom....or a vetrinarian

What's your parish like?It is cool....but the choir does the same songs EVERY sunday for the last year that Ihave been here....nothing, nothing new...like, they can't learn something else...they can't learn a responsorial psalm, a new Our Father, a new Christ has died, Christ has risen....NOTHING different for a whole year....
However, in INdiana, where I came from, the choir was all organ and it was an 8am mass......so I aint complaining! well, sorta ....but I shouldn't
Oh, and the priest, or Monsignior is a real bore. I love him to death, but he is not a good speech kinda guy.....I wish we could be blown away with a good homily every now and then.

How did you meet your DH? I went to all girls catholic academy high school. DH went to all boys catholic school down the road. we met when I was 15.

What's something about the Catholic faith that you'd like to understand better? Our Blessed Virgin. My grandma has such a relationship and love for the Blessed Virgin. I would like that too.

What's something one of your kids did recently that made you smile? DD, 16, told me that she really really loved me on my MYSPACE. SHe also told me in person tonight. She is full of love this week! Also, Jeffrie knocked down some leggos and it was so funny....I kept building them up, and he would knock them down...so cute!

What's the last thing you did to treat yourself? Sorry, I don't trea t myself very often. I guess I went shopping last week for a swimsuit...didn't find anything.

What year was it that you sent your first email?94 or 95.

What's your favorite book in the Bible? Corinthians...2nd

What's your favorite prayer? The Memorare

What do you pray a lot for? ALWAYS: Safety for my family,. and that the kids would feel the Holy Spirit when they have to make choices between right and wrong. But mostly safety during the day until we all come together again as a family. DH drives all day...outside sales. Also, my parents are missionaries and on planes A WHOLE LOT. Bu t then I pray that God would use them in a mighty way.
July 19th, 2007, 10:27 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Name: Jennifer

Why did you choose your username? "jh" are my initials and "momofmany" describes me fairly well.

What did you want to be when you grew up? a dancer or something in the medical field, but when I met DH I wanted to be wife and mother.

What's your parish like? We have two parishes, actually. We are registered with Holy Family Church, but now we've moved to a different area (still fairly close to Holy Family) and go to St. Mary's. They are "sister parishes" (share the same priest, etc) so I consider both of them ours. St. Mary's is *tiny* and old, and just beautiful.

How did you meet your DH? We were in the same math class when I was a junior and he was a senior in high school.

What's something about the Catholic faith that you'd like to understand better? How to apply the virtues to my daily duty more consistently. I spent years studying the Catholic faith when we reverted, but I don't always live it out very well.

What's something one of your kids did recently that made you smile? Just thinking about them makes me smile.

What's the last thing you did to treat yourself? I really don't know.

What year was it that you sent your first email? It would have been 1998.

What's your favorite book in the Bible? Psalms

What's your favorite prayer? Can I say the Mass?

What do you pray a lot for? My husband and children, and a HEALTHY baby!

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search