Unsure Favours for non-believers

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2007, 02:23 AM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Folks,

My daughter shall be Baptised soon (the end of September).

We are having a reception at the end of the Ceremony, and would like to have 'thank you favours' for the guests to take home when leaving. Problem is, almost no one that will be attending is of any faith and are all non-believers in God. Does anyone have any ideas on small favours we can give in memory for this special occasion? I don't want to give anything that seems like I am forcing my beliefs on anyone or being 'pushy', as I don't think my partners parents are very excited I'm having Haylee Baptised. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

July 31st, 2007, 07:36 AM
Julka
You can buy small metalic picture frames and put Haylee's photo in her baptismal outfit in them. And attach a little 'thank you' note or card. The people might not be believers but the fact that they're even attending the baptism (to me) means they still respect your choice and still love you and care about you. So you don't have to make the gift completely nuetral, in my opinion.
July 31st, 2007, 01:59 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The people might not be believers but the fact that they're even attending the baptism (to me) means they still respect your choice and still love you and care about you. So you don't have to make the gift completely nuetral, in my opinion.[/b]
I agree with Julia here.

One thing you could do is tie up a bag of mints and attach a note or card that says "Thanks for coming" and also a quote from Scripture... you could find something that is meaningful to the Baptism but not in-your-face.

Congrats on your daughter's Baptism!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search