Hiya! Newbie Here!

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Hello!

My name is Katey and I am a 28 year old Catholic school teacher (first grade) from Southern Florida.

I am married to the most wonderful man on Earth ~ and we're expecting our first blessing of a baby on March 11th!

I am trying very hard to "Let God and Let God" ~ but I am very fearful of a miscarriage or complications. I have been praying like crazy and trying very hard to remember that God has a plan for the little baby and for my new family but I am still so anxious!

This board seems like a wonderful place to be! </span>
August 1st, 2007, 06:43 AM
Julka
Hi Katey!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I am Julia, mom to Natasha who's 10.5 months. From Toronto, Canada.
August 1st, 2007, 07:32 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Katey, and Congrats on your little one!

I'm Lizzy, mommy to Nathaniel who just turned One on July 13.

Welcome to our board! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

August 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Katey! Actually you aren't married to the most wonderful man on earth because I'm married to the most wonderful man on earth! LOL I'm Shawna, 28, mom to 4, and one of the Canucks around here. We're in Alberta.
August 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
mudholemama
Hi, Katey!!! Welcome to the board....my name is Christine--I'm a mommy to two babies (Isaac 2 1/2 and Clare 1).
Congrats on your pregnancy! I'll be praying for you to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. God will give you
strength and just remember He is walking beside you every step of the way. GOD BLESS!
--Christine
August 1st, 2007, 04:14 PM
BusyMom
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Hello!

My name is Katey and I am a 28 year old Catholic school teacher (first grade) from Southern Florida.

I am married to the most wonderful man on Earth ~ and we're expecting our first blessing of a baby on March 11th!

I am trying very hard to "Let God and Let God" ~ but I am very fearful of a miscarriage or complications. I have been praying like crazy and trying very hard to remember that God has a plan for the little baby and for my new family but I am still so anxious!

This board seems like a wonderful place to be! </span>
[/b]
Hi Katey! Welcome. I'm Amber. I am also a teacher (7/8 science) and I have a daughter going into 1st grade at Catholic school this year! Oh and I am in your DDC...due March 1!
August 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to our board. You have found a good home here.

Refering to what you said: This is what I did........each time I was pregnant, I had this horrible thought that I didn't "deserve a perfect healthy baby." I realize that this is an emotional issue I have to deal with one day.....but I digress......my point is this: I did EVERYTHING in my power to make sure that each of my 4 babies was healthy. I took extra special care of myself, took my vitamins, didn't drink or smoke, nothing but healthy foods, etc.......I was determined, that if I did everything in my power to make sure my babies were healthy, and my baby come out "not perfect," I decided that it was God's will, and would love that baby nontheless!!!! Once I came to that decision, I found comfort in the LET GO AND LET GOD. YOu will too!
I hope this helps.
I am Becky, mom to Nathanael, 17, Veronica, 16, Zachary 14 and Jeffrie, 1. Well, Jeffrie will be one on Sat......oh, and wife to my high school sweetie Jeff.
August 2nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Thank you all SO much for the warm welcome and wonderful advice!

I think my biggest fear is that something is happening/will happening ~ prayer is helping SO much.

I found a wonderful prayer to St. Catherine of Siena who is the patron saint of expecting mothers ~ so I try to read the prayer every day. I find it really calms me. It's funny because in high school I did my senior project saint report on her and never learned that she was the patron saint of expecting mothers ~ it's pretty cool!

I am anxious for next week when I go back to work ~ time to decorate the classroom and get all the workbooks and whatnot ready for the wee folk starting first grade.

I think the most blessed thing about my pregnancy thus far is that I've been able to get my husband to go to church w/ me more regularly. And he's actually listening to the readings/homily!! I am so proud of him. I think the baby is really helping him to get closer to God.

I can't wait to get to know you all more!! </span>
August 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Thank you all SO much for the warm welcome and wonderful advice!

I think my biggest fear is that something is happening/will happening ~ prayer is helping SO much.

I found a wonderful prayer to St. Catherine of Siena who is the patron saint of expecting mothers ~ so I try to read the prayer every day. I find it really calms me. It's funny because in high school I did my senior project saint report on her and never learned that she was the patron saint of expecting mothers ~ it's pretty cool!

I am anxious for next week when I go back to work ~ time to decorate the classroom and get all the workbooks and whatnot ready for the wee folk starting first grade.

I think the most blessed thing about my pregnancy thus far is that I've been able to get my husband to go to church w/ me more regularly. And he's actually listening to the readings/homily!! I am so proud of him. I think the baby is really helping him to get closer to God.

I can't wait to get to know you all more!! </span>
[/b]
Katey - like you, I stay close to the Saints whenever something is weighing heavily on my heart or my mind. We had a long struggle to have a healthy child, and I found comfort in praying for the intercessions of St. Gianna Beretta Molla and also St. Gerard. Both Saints have strong connections to mothers. St. Gianna gave her life for her daughter. She has a beautiful, courageous story.

Here's a link to info about St. Gerard

Here's a link to info about St. Gianna

August 2nd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Welcome Katey! Actually you aren't married to the most wonderful man on earth because I'm married to the most wonderful man on earth! LOL I'm Shawna, 28, mom to 4, and one of the Canucks around here. We're in Alberta.[/b]
I think I have to disagree with you both!! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth!

Okay, okay... maybe we all just have to settle for all having the most wonderful man God could have created for ourselves.

August 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No settling Lizzy, let's take it out back!
August 3rd, 2007, 10:39 AM
Quote:
No settling Lizzy, let's take it out back! [/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search